NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour competitor Ron Yuhas, Jr. has been released from Concord Hospital in Concord, New Hampshire after being treated for injuries sustained in a scary wreck at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 20.  Yuhas posted the update on his personal Facebook page on Saturday morning.


“Wanted to give everyone a quick update,” said Yuhas.  “I was released from Concord Hospital on Thursday night and will continue my recovery at home. I wanted to take a moment to thank all the great departments at Concord.  The treatment and care I received was second to none and I could not be more grateful to have been in the care of this incredible facility.”


In the statement, Yuhas thanked the racing community and everyone around him for all their support following the incident.


“Special thanks to all for the extra attention to my entertainment needs. To the women in ICU for forwarding my request for the biggest TV they could find and to Josh for not only delivering a room with the biggest TV but two TVs. And there are not many places where you get homemade treats delivered. Although I won’t take the space here to list you all by name, the nursing staff was rock solid to me during my stay.


“I also want to thank NASCAR liaison Pam, Racing with Jesus Ministries and the many others for the outstanding support to me and my family.  Finally I am humbled by the outpouring of well wishes by everyone in the racing community…thank you.”


With Yuhas recovering from injuries, the KLM Motorsports team did not file an entry for this weekend’s Fall Final at Stafford Motor Speedway (CT).


Yuhas sustained the injuries following a hard crash on a green-white-checkered attempt during the F.W. Webb 100.  When a number of cars checked up at the front of the field, a chain reaction sent Yuhas’ No. 64 over Timmy Solomito’s No. 75 and resulted in Yuhas ending up on his roof on the backstretch.  He would get out of his car under his own power but was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation and remained at Concord Hospital before being released on Thursday afternoon.


Yuhas will continue his recovery at his home in Groton, Connecticut.


Solomito was checked and released at the infield care center.  He will race this weekend at Stafford.


Danny Watts, Jr., who was also involved in the scary crash, displayed concussion symptoms and has not been cleared by NASCAR to race.


-By Brandon Paul, Northeast Editor – Twitter: @Brandon_Paul51

-Photo Credit:


Ron Yuhas, Jr. Released From Concord Hospital