The Wisconsin Challenge Series will return to Central Wisconsin race tracks for a third straight year. The four-race series will consist of 75-lap races at State Park Speedway, Golden Sands Speedway and Marshfield Motor Speedway.
“We are excited to bring back the Wisconsin Challenge Series for another year,” said Golden Sands Speedway Owner Cody Smiley “The races have brought good car counts and great racing and we expect to see the same again this year.”
The 2019 Wisconsin Challenger Series will kick off on Thursday, June 6 at State Park Speedway. The series will then visit Marshfield Motor Speedway on Saturday, July 13 before back-to-back races at Golden Sands Speedway. The Plover, WI race track will host the third race of the series on Friday, August 9 and then will also host the championship night on Friday, September 13.
“We like the philosophy of the one race per month, so it allows drivers time between races and also time to race at other tracks in between,” Smiley said. “It’s just a great opportunity for drivers to get to all the Central Wisconsin tracks and also be able to compete for a championship.”
In addition to each event counting towards the Wisconsin Challenge Series championship, all races will also serve as points-counting races for the host track.
As a perk for racers, each driver will receive one free tire at each WCS event during the 2019 season with the purchase of three tires.
Pit pass car & driver: UMA Members $65/Non-Members $75
Pit pass crew: UMA Members $30/Non-Member $35
- All races will follow the 2019 UMA rulebook
- Qualifying: Top 10 Locked into WCS 75 Lap A-Main
- SLM DASH: Top 10 qualifiers for 10 Laps (10th in time on pole)
- Dash Finishing order designates starting order for WCS 75 (No Cone Used)
- Odd/Even Qualifiers: 15 Laps (12 Laps ½ Mile) Top 2 to A-Main from each (11th in time on pole for Odd & 12th in time on pole for Even ETC)(Cone will be used )How You finish determines where you start in A & B Mains (example 3n1 place in odd is on pole for B-Main)
- SLM B-Main 20 Laps (15 Laps ½ mile) Top 4 adv to A-Main (Cone will be used)
- SLM A-Main WCS 75 – 18 cars take the green flag (Free Pass (Lucky Dog) will be in effect for 75 Lap A-main only) (Cone race-side-by-side restarts to the finish)
Points will be awarded for qualifying to the top-ten cars. 10 points for the fastest qualifier, going down to one point for the 10th fastest qualifier. Feature points will start at 100 points for the winner and go down by two points per position for every car taking the green flag. Points will be totaled after each WCS event and an overall winner, driver with the MOST points, will be crowned the 2019 WCS Champion.
The top 10 drivers in the WCS overall point standings will receive additional championship money.
Drivers who participate in every WCS race during the 2019 season will be eligible for additional awards that include: a Five Star Race Car Bodies certificate for a re-skin package for the new Super Late Model body, a brake and clutch package from AP Brakes, a certificate from Earnest Performance, a certificate from Coleman and additional contingency sponsors.
-Wisconsin Challenge Series Press Release
-Photo credit: Speed51 Network