CRA officials announced late Thursday night, the postponement of this Weekend’s Cabin Fever Championships at Lucas Oil Raceway.

 

CRA’s R. J. Scott stated, “We hung in there as long as we could this week with the forecast, but when the rain chance doubled and the race day temperature dropped further, we had no choice but to cancel this weekend’s events.  There are too many people traveling long distances with the weather predicted to be too bad.  We were prepared to endure a lot this weekend but the hurdles just became too great to proceed.”

 

CRA officials noted that if a reschedule were possible they would announce the details early next week.

 

“We apologize for inconveniences,” Scott noted, “we truly wanted to do everything we could to get this race in with the expected high car counts, but this decision is best for everyone.  There is nothing worse than sitting in the freezing cold, battling possible rain, and not getting to race after getting to the race track.  We didn’t want that for our racers or fans.”

 

– CRA press release

Weather Forces Postponement of CRA Cabin Fever Event