NO. STONINGTON, CT — The No. 30 and 33 teams that compete in the North East Street Stock Tour have been penalized for a rules infraction discovered during post-race inspection, May 17, at Lee USA Speedway. This infraction violates the following Section of the 2015 rule book:
55: Crate Engine and General Engine Carburetor
a) Holley two-barrel model #4412 carburetor must be used for GM crate 602 and general engine. The body, base plate, metering block, and bowl must be a standard Holley 4412 part. VDL carburetors are allowed. NO HP parts. All carburetors must pass NESST gauges.
INFRACTION: HP Parts were used.
As a result of this violation, drivers Geoff Rollins and Charles Beal have been disqualified from their finishing positions and have been placed on probation through July 1.
Lee USA Speedway
Pos (Start) Driver Hometown
1. (2) Chris Douton Waterford, CT
2. (7) Larry Barnett Moosup, CT
3. (3) Joe Arena Bristol, CT
4. (4) Jim Boyle Waterford, CT
5. (11) Patrick Tanguay Lebanon, ME
6. (12) David Brannon Lisbon, ME
7. (7) Corey Morgan Lewiston, ME
8. (9) Robbie Bodwell Sanford, ME
9. (10) Matt Morrill Moultonborough, NH
10. (13) Bryan Town Charlestown, NH
11. (6) Anthony Belfiore Haverhill, MA
DQ. (1) Geoff Rollins Groton, MA
DQ. (8) Charlie Beal Ledyard, CT
-NESST Press Release. Photo credit: Speed51.com