Montgomery, AL — The Gauntlet has been thrown down as officials from the Modifieds of Mayhem Tour and Midwest Modifieds Tour look to bring the pair of traveling series together March 6, 2021 for the running of the “Hunt for the Bear 57″ at Montgomery Motor Speedway.
Both modified tours will run the F-70 Hoosier tire during the event.
This is another step in making modified racing stronger for all areas,” said Bud Gray of the Midwest Modified Tour. “We are excited to see how our cars stack up against the Modifieds of Mayhem cars.”
“This will give the northern guys the opportunity to get a race in early and have track time on the new F-70 tire,” said Stan Narrison of the Modifieds of Mayhem Tour. “Cars must declare which rules package the will run. No mixing rules packages. Modifieds of Mayhem or Midwest Modifieds tour. This is laying the groundwork for some major Modified events in the future. We have agreed that we must be sure the cars are able to be competitive. Some minor adjustments may be made.”
The Alabama 200 event, including the Modified race, will be broadcast live on Speed51.TV. The race weekend starts with open practice on Friday March 5. Race day is Saturday March 6 consisting of practice, qualifying and main events. Sunday March 7 would be the inclement weather day.
A few notes about the event:
- Tech officials will be present from both series.
- Sunoco race fuel five-gallon minimum purchase.
- F-70 race tires must be purchased at track and will be scanned and impounded until released for “scuff” session.
- Weight / Spoiler Ect. may be added or taken away to facilitate competitive racing. (Either Tour)
- Currently, this is the only event that will combine both rules package.
- All data will be analyzed and a decision will be made if this format can be used at other tracks on the MoM Schedule or what other adjustments may be made.
The Modifieds of Mayhem Tour based out of Montgomery, Alabama features some of the best Modified racers in the country competing at great venues in the southeast.
2015 NASCAR Division II National Champion and 2018/2019 I-Car Modified Champion Kyle Purvis added the 2020 Modifieds of Mayhem Championship to his resume.
For more info on the Modifieds of Mayhem Tour, contact Stan Narrison at 334-262-6101.
For information on the Midwest Modifieds Tour, contact Bud Gray at 231-330-7205.
-Modified of Mayhem Tour Press Release
-Photo credit: Speed51