Much of the East Coast will be impacted by Winter Storm Jonas this weekend with some areas expected to receive over two feet of white, powdery snow. While some families may sit around playing Monopoly or watching Netflix, we have come up with a better option for the short track racing enthusiasts.
For just $7.99 per month or $59.99 per year you can subscribe to the Speed51 Network to access oodles of short track racing videos throughout the country. To get you started with a list of must-watch videos, we have come up with this top 10 list to get you started during the winter storm.
1. Highlights From a Wild Volunteer 300 at ‘The Rim’ – If you enjoy drama, the inaugural Volunteer 300 at Highland Rim Speedway in Tennessee had it all. From tires being thrown at cars on the race track, to a good ol’ fashioned game of bumper cars, to a last turn wreck involving the leaders, this race had it all and it can all be seen on the Speed51 Network.
2. Highlights From the 31st Annual All American 400 – One of the nation’s crown jewel events, the All American 400, provided plenty of excitement for fans during the 31st running of the event in 2015. The race ended with a back flip in victory lane by the eventual winner, but before the checkered flag waved there was plenty of excitement on and off the race track.
3. Dramatic Finish to the PASS National Finale at Greenville Pickens – Joey Doiron’s No. 73 rolled into victory lane at Greenville Pickens Speedway (SC) on the hook following a wild finish to the PASS National finale. After a last lap bump ‘n run move on Zane Smith, the two drivers made contact after the checkered flag that sent Doiron hard into the turn one wall.
4. Drama Unfolds in Snowball Derby Post-Race Tech – In one of the biggest short track racing stories of the year, Christopher Bell had his Snowball Derby win stripped away in post-race technical inspection. 51’s Bob Dillner covered all angles of the story with reaction from Bell, crew chief Chris Gabehart, tech director Ricky Brooks and eventual winner Chase Elliott.
Bonus: Snowball Derby Music Video – Check out all of the action from Snowball Derby Sunday with this one-of-a-kind music video.
5. Wild Finish to the ARCA/CRA Super Series Race at Kalamazoo – A late race caution set up one of the craziest finishes of the year in short track racing. Grant Quinlan made a late pass on John Hunter Nemechek before the two drivers made contact coming off of turn four in the closing laps. Watch the video to see the wild finish and find out who ended up taking home the checkered flag.
6. Rico Rebounds From Flip to Win in Wisconsin – Rico Abreu made many headlines throughout the course of the 2015 season; however, his most impressive feat of the year may have come during a Sprint Car race at Dodge County Fairgrounds. Abreu flipped his No. 24 while battling for the lead with another driver before rallying from the real of the field to win the race. Speed51 Network cameras were on hand and captured all of the action including his charge back to the front.
7. Big Cash & Big Crash at Caraway’s Rusty Harpe Memorial – Before one lap could even be completed, a 10-car crash occurred in turn four during the Rusty Harpe Memorial Late Model Stock Car race on July 4. LMSC ace Lee Pulliam led the field to the green flag but contact with Matt Bowling on the first lap triggered the huge crash. The rest of the race featured plenty of excitement before the eventual winner pulled into victory lane to claim the hefty paycheck.
8. USA vs. Canada in ACT Battle North of the Border – It was a battle of Americans vs. Canadians during the American Canadian Tour 150 at Autodrome Chaudiere (QC). The race would end with a terrific battle between eventual ACT champion Wayne Helliwell, Jr. and Serie ACT driver Donald Theetge. The two drivers swapped paint and battled side-by-side throughout the closing laps before sharing a hug in victory lane.
9. Majeski & May TUNDRA Controversy at Golden Sands – Controversy surrounded a pair of Kulwicki Driver Development Program racers following a TUNDRA Super Late Model Series event at Golden Sands Speedway (WI). Reagan May appeared to wait for leader Ty Majeski on the race track before turning into him and forcing both drivers into a slide off of turn four. May was later suspended two events for her actions on the race track. Watch the incident from multiple camera angles on the Speed51 Network.
10. One-on-One Interview with Oxford 250 Winner Glen Luce – A Cinderella story ended with Glen Luce winning the biggest race of the year in New England, the 42nd Annual Oxford 250, in August. An emotional Luce talked to 51’s Bob Dillner about what it felt like to win the biggest race in his home state.
To watch all of these video and 100s of other short track racing videos, subscribe to the Speed51 Network today. Click here for subscription pricing and info.
-Photo credit: Charlotte Motor Speedway