Attention all short track racing fans, the time for your voice to be heard in the 2018 Speed51 Short Track Draft presented by PFC Brakes is running out, with the deadline to vote fast approaching. Race fans have until Wednesday, April 18 at 11:59 p.m. to vote for who they believe to be the top prospect in short track racing.
For the past 10 days, we have asked you the fans to cast your vote on the Speed51 Five Star Race Car Bodies Facebook Feed. We're going to continue doing that as the deadline approaches in order to crown the winner of the 2018 Short Track Draft fan vote.
In the end, the driver with the most votes will be awarded a first-place vote towards this year’s Short Track Draft presented by PFC Brakes. The driver with the second most votes will be awarded a second-place vote and so on.
But there is less than three days to go, so be sure to visit the Speed51 Facebook Feed or go to Twitter and use #51Draft to cast your vote.
The rules for the 2018 Draft is as follows:
- The driver you choose must be 25 years of age or younger as of April 1, 2018.
- The driver may not have more than 10 scheduled starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, or Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
- The driver must maintain rookie status for all three of NASCAR’s top-three national touring series.
- The driver cannot be last year’s number-one pick, Todd Gilliland.
- If the driver you choose meets all of those requirements, all you have to do is place a comment with that driver’s name in an official Short Track Draft fan vote Facebook post that will be pinned to the top of our Facebook page.
Fans can vote once per day and voting will end at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 18.
Any person caught casting more than one vote each day will have all of their votes removed from this year’s fan vote.
The winner of the fan vote will be announced on Tuesday, April 24. The first overall pick in the 2018 Short Track Draft presented by PFC Brakes will be announced at 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 26.
-Text by Speed51 Staff