Carnesville, GA – The first weekend of summer brought a shake-up in the top ten of FASTRAK VP Racing Fuels National Weekly Championship standings. Corey Almond of Appomattox, VA was the weekend’s biggest mover, moving up four spots to fourth in the standings, with a win at Elkins Raceway on Friday and a seventh place showing at Lizard Creek Speedway on Saturday. Derrick Shaw of Buckhannon, WV moved up two spots to eighth and Pennsboro, WV’s Kyle Thomas improved one spot to sixth.
Pineville, WV’s Michael Bland, on the AFCO Crate Spec Shocks, continues to lead the FASTRAK VP Racing Fuels National Weekly Championship, by way of placing second at Beckley Motorsports Park on Saturday night. Bland has now reached his fifteenth race of the season, meaning he will begin replacing lower finishes with his finishes through the end of the points season, September 2nd.
Troy Frazier remains in second. Donnie Dotson, also utilizing the AFCO Crate Spec Shocks, is currently third, followed by Almond in fourth. Trey Watson rounds out the top five. Thomas is in sixth with Nick Schlager falling to the seventh position after sitting idle this past weekend. With Shaw in eighth, Carson Ferguson and Luke Hyre round out the top ten.
Other winners this weekend were Ted Johnson at Lizard Creek Speedway, Henry Hornsby at Beckley Motorsports Park and Frankie Beard at Toccoa Raceway.
Feature Results – Elkins Raceway – June 21st
1) Corey Almond; 2) Derrick Shaw; 3) Kyle Thomas; 4) Billy Beachler; 5) Trey Watson; 6) AJ Spagnuola; 7) Donnie Dotson; 8) Luke Hyre; 9) Troy Frazier; 10) Garrett Jones; 11) Ronnie Martin Jr.; 12) Tyler Foster; 13) Devin Brannon; 14) Chandi Currence; 15) Hayden Jacobs; 16) Jason Skipper; 17) Richard Frazier
Feature Results – Lizard Creek Speedway – June 22nd
1) Ted Johnson; 2) Dallas Hatfield; 3) Jim Rader; 4) Brandon Urban; 5) Shane Greco; 6) Jeff Wolford; 7) Corey Almond; 8) Jeremy Livingood; 9) Eddie Hambrick; 10) Kenny Howell; 11) Jeremy Patton
Feature Results – Beckley Motorsports Park – June 15th
1) Henry Hornsby; 2) Michael Bland; 3) Sparky Davisson; 4) Joseph Zupanick; 5) Randy Kinder; 6) Will Brogan; 7) Authur Jarrettl 8) Lucas McDonald
Feature Results – Toccoa Raceway – June 15th
1) Frankie Beard; 2) Drew Collins; 3) Sylvan Schuette; 4) David McCoy; 5) Derrick Harvey; 6) Larry Waters
Top 10 – FASTRAK VP Racing Fuels National Weekly Championship
1) Michael Bland (569); 2) Troy Frazier (520); 3) Donnie Dotson (437); 4) Corey Almond (383); 5) Trey Watson (367); 6) Kyle Thomas (360); 7) Nick Schlager (339); 8) Derrick Shaw (327); 9) Carson Ferguson (324); 10) Luke Hyre (323)
Check out the official website for the FASTRAK Racing Series at www.fastrakracing.com and continue to follow our social media networks for the FASTRAK Racing Series. Like and Follow our Fan Page on Facebook plus follow @FASTRAK_SE and/or @FASTRAK_MOV on Twitter to get up to the minute news and details as they become available. FASTRAK can be found on Instagram @fastrak_racing.
The 2019 marketing partners for the FASTRAK Racing Series are Chevrolet Performance, Hoosier Racing Tire, AFCO “The official shock of the FASTRAK Racing Series”, VP Racing Fuels “The official fuel of FASTRAK”, VP Racing Lubricants “The official lubricant of FASTRAK”, Speed51.com “The official video home of FASTRAK”, TNT Race Cars, Arizona Sport Shirts, Simpson Performance Products, Rockauto.com, and Thomas Clarke Performance.
-FASTRAK Racing Series Press Release
-Photo credit: Speed51.com photo