Bakersfield, CA – In 2020, the SPEARS (SRL) Southwest Tour Series will celebrate its 20th season of competition. As work continues to build the “20th Season Celebration,” the support continues to grow, including the winner’s prize money for 2020.
Currently, with the support of the family of sponsors of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series, the following winner’s payouts are confirmed for 2020:
• $25,000 to the Winner – February 1st at Irwindale Speedway
• $10,000 to the Winner – April 25th at Irwindale Speedway
• $7,000 to the Winner – May 16th at All-American Speedway plus a $5,000 bonus if an eligible driver elects to start at the rear.
• $10,000 to the Winner – June 6th at Stockton Speedway, plus a $5,000 bonus if an eligible driver elects to start at the rear.
• $10,000 to the Winner – July 18th at Irwindale Speedway
• $10,000 to the Winner – August 15th at Colorado National Speedway
• $7,000 to the Winner – September 26th at All-American Speedway, plus a $5,000 bonus if an eligible driver elects to start at the rear.
• $10,000 to the Winner – October 24th at Kern County Raceway
“There are so many individuals and companies that are committed and are behind making 2020 the biggest year in SPEARS Southwest Tour Series history,” stated the SRL’s Larry Collins. “We’re pretty overwhelmed with how our series sponsors have rallied behind our 20th Season Celebration.”
The prize money list for the March 21 Winter Showdown and the November 21 Championship Finale have not been finalized, but look for announcements coming soon regarding both events.
Other highlights of the 2020 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series season include; expanded national television coverage by MAVTV, live-stream broadcast of all 2020 events, and the continuation of the “SPEARS Frequent Flyer Program” which awards teams a minimum of $1,000 for starting a SPEARS Southwest Tour Series main event after they have competed in three consecutive series races.
For more information about the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series and the “20th Season Celebration” go to www.SRLSouthwesttour.com.
-SRL Press Release
-Photo credit: Speed51