RACE FACTS & NOTES OF INTEREST
WHAT: Spokane 125
Race No. 3 of 8
WHERE: Spokane Super Oval in Airway Heights, WA
WHEN: May 14, 2016
DISTANCE: 125 Laps/ 62.5 Miles
SANCTION: Northwest Super Late Model Series (NWSLMS)
PROMOTER: Rick Nelson, Spokane Super Oval
THE RACETRACK: Slightly banked .500-mile oval and one of the fastest tracks in the Northwest. Referred to as the “Martinsville of the West” many NASCAR teams have used SCR in preparation for the tricky paper-clip Virginia track. SCR has undergone many changes and upgrades over the past year with new upgraded pits and safety walls.
2016 Tri Track Series Top 10 Points
1. Garrett Evans 103
2. Doni Wanat 86
3. Nicole Behar 86
4. Shelby Thompson 80
5. Brittney Zamora 75
6. Braeden Havens 75
7. Ryan Wells 72
8. Ed Thomsen 71
9. Zack Beaman 68
10. Mitch Kleyn 67
NOTES OF INTEREST:
• This will be the second trip to Spokane Super Oval for the Northwest Super Late Model Series. Tayler Riddle picked up the win last year at the
• Racking Up Air Miles! Nicole Behar will be making her third trip from North Carolina to come race with the series. She is currently tied for second in the points and fresh off a third-place finish at Wenatchee. Garret Archer will also be returning to the series this week after East Coast racing and testing in the previous weeks.
• Garrett Evans continues his quest to three-peat his championship performance. Evans has started the season off on a roll with one win and a second-place finish in the first two races.
• NASCAR K&N West off weekend will give Jefferson Pitts Racing driver, Gracin Raz, a chance to race with the NWSLMS. Raz has 5 career series starts with four Top-10 finishes.
• Jefferson Pitts Rookie of Year Watch-Brittney Zamora currently leads the ROTY standings followed by Toby Becker and Dirk Bennett. This will be both Zamora and Becker’s first career start at Spokane County Super Oval. Bennett ran the I-90 Challenge race last season.
• Home Town Cooking- A large contingent of local drivers will be looking to take home the hardware with eight Spokane area drivers registered. Leading the way is Medical Lake’s Braeden Havens who is still looking for his first career NWSLMS win but picked up a win at Spokane last year in a Rocky Mountain Challenge Series race.
STAT OF THE WEEK:
• Mitch Kleyn will be making his 23rd consecutive series start and is one of only two drivers (Evans) to start every series race since its inception. Kleyn has finished 15 out of 22 races in the Top 10. Kleyn will be looking to bounce back from two disappointing finishes where he had very fast cars.
UPCOMING ON THE NORTHWEST SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES:
The Northwest Super Late Model Series will head across the Washington-Idaho border to Stateline Speedway June 11 for the “Idaho Tune Up 150”.
-Northwest Super Late Model Series Press Release
-Photo Credit: Northwest Super Late Model Series