Short track racing is all but in the books for the 2018 season and we are beginning to take a look back at some of the most eyecatching moments of the year in question. Which makes it the perfect time to once again open the nominations for Speed51.com’s Photo of the Year Award for the upcoming 2018 51 Awards.
Last year, west coast photographer Michele Martin won the award for her spectacular shot of a fiery crash at Evergreen Speedway in Washington.
As has been the case the past few years, there will be just one overall category for photo of the year, but with just about everything on the table from crashes, to special moments, to candids, to race cars just looking awesome, or anything that stimulates the eyeballs.
– Photographers can submit a maximum of five photos. However, only one photo per photographer will be selected as a finalist.
– Photos cannot be watermarked.
– Photos have to be at least 800 pixels wide.
– You have to have taken the photo or it has to be in conjunction with your track or series staff.
– Must include contact info for the photographer with submission.
– Photos have to be emailed in by Friday, January 4 at 5 p.m. ET.
Submit a photo for the 51 Awards by emailing [email protected].