Championship Night – Oxford Plains (ME) – 9/10/16
Last updated: September 11, 2016 at 1:52 am
(Updated throughout the day – Be sure to refresh this page frequently)
What Won the Race: TJ Brackett made his way around Dave Farrington, Jr. on lap 12 and held off Shawn Knight to win the 50-lap Super Late Model feature.
|3||23||Dave Farrington, Jr.|
|9||46||Dennis Spencer, Jr.|
The Skinny: Dave Farrington, Jr. took over the lead at the green flag and led until lap 11 when TJ Brackett worked his around the outside. Brackett looked to be pulling away before Shawn Knight closed in to challenge Brackett, even making contact at one point off of turn four. Battling sickness, Brackett was able to fend off Knight in the closing laps to win his third SLM race of the season.
Tim Brackett finished 10th to lock up his fourth career track championship.
Winning Quote: “I’m sick, bad. I’ve been sick all day, I feel like crap. Good thing the car was so good. It’s pretty cool to be able to race your best friend (Knight) like that. We beat and banged pretty good there with three to go.” – TJ Brackett
Winning Chassis: TJ Brackett Motorsports
Winning Shocks: Seth Holbrook
Winning Crew Chief: Self
On the Move: Reid Lanpher started 18th and charged to a sixth-place finish, a gain of 12 positions.
Biggest Loser: Chris Coolidge started from the fourth spot but faded to finish 18th, a loss of 14 positions.
- Tim Brackett is looking to secure his fourth career track championship tonight.
- Gary Chiasson is here tonight behind the wheel of the Dale Shaw Racecars No. 68.
- With Beech Ridge Motor Speedway’s (ME) season ending one weekend ago, a host of weekly competitors from the track have made their way to Oxford tonight. Reid Lanpher, Dave Farrington Jr. and Garrett Hall are all in attendance.
- Nine divisions are in action tonight and all nine championships will be decided.
- Jon Lizotte won the Figure 8 race and championship. The veteran racer with over 100 wins proclaimed in Victory Lane after the race that he was retiring.
- Brandon Varney won the Rebels race while Dustin Salley clinched the season championship.
- Ryan Farrar won the Sports Truck feature. Ajay Cates finished fourth to clinch the 2016 championship.
- Maggie Ferland won the 2016 Ladies division championship.
- Ron Moon won the Outlaw feature while Gary Babineau clinched the championship.
- Jamie Heath won the 20-lap Bandit feature to clinch the championship.
- Skip Tripp returned to Victory Lane in the 30-lap Street Stock feature. Calvin Rose, Jr. won the championship.
Staring Lineup (Unofficial):
|1||23||Dave Farrington, Jr.|
|19||46||Dennis Spencer, Jr.|
Heat Race Results:
|2||23||Dave Farrington, Jr.|
|3||46||Dennis Spencer, Jr.|
Heat Race Lineups:
|3||23||Dave Farrington, Jr.|
|5||46||Dennis Spencer, Jr.|
Car Count: There are 23 Super Late Models in the pit area.
|23||Dave Farrington, Jr.|
|46||Dennis Spencer, Jr.|
Qualifying Format: Qualifying heat races are determined by a blind draw. The feature lineup will be set by three heat races with previous winners starting at the rear of the field.
Event Schedule: The green flag is scheduled to wave at 4 p.m. ET. Nine divisions are on the schedule with each of them running qualifying heat races. Rebels, Sport Trucks, Cruisers, Ladies, Outlaws, Bandits, Street Stocks, Super Late Models and Figure 8 cars are all in action.
Who to Watch For: Tim Brackett, a three-time champion, enters tonight’s race looking for his fourth track champion. He has two wins on the year and will look to win the battle and the war tonight.
Other contenders tonight include Tim’s son TJ Brackett, Reid Lanpher and former Oxford 250 winner Scott Robbins.
Title Fight: Tim Brackett leads Scott Robbins by 36 points entering tonight’s finale.
The Track: Oxford Plains Speedway is a 3/8-mile oval located in Oxford, Maine. The track plays host to the prestigious Oxford 250.
Weather: There is a slight chance of rain early in the evening before skies clear later on.