The June 28th SPEARS Southwest Tour Series “The 51-FIFTY Energy Drink 125” at Madera Speedway will mark the half-way point of the 2014 SRL season.
NOTES AT THE HALF-WAY POINT:
- 100%: Three drivers have completed all 346 laps run so far in the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series – Brandon White, Jeremy Doss and Derek Thorn. Fourteen Drivers have competed in each of the first four races of 2014, (equals 2013). Jeremy Doss has zero DNF’s in his 14-race SPEARS Southwest Tour Series career.
- Four Races – Three Winners: Jeremy Doss (Kern) and Brandon White (Madera) each have a win, with Derek Thorn (Las Vegas and Salt Lake) getting two wins so far in 2014.
- Laps Led: Jim Pettit leads in the category of laps led in 2014 with 112.
- Series Debuts: Four drivers; Ryan Cansdale, Blaine Rocha, Garret Archer and Todd Souza made their SPEARS Southwest Tour Series debut in 2014.
- Average Finish: In four races so far in 2014, Brandon White and Jeremy Doss have finishing averages of 2.3 and 2.7 respectively.
- Top Rookies: Black Diamond, Washington’s Garrett Archer leads the Rookie-of-the-Year title standings with 568 points over Cole Loftsgard who is second with 534, Jeff Bischofberger is in contention for the title with 505 in third.
- Milestone Starts: Tracy Bolin made his 60th career SPEARS Southwest Tour Series start at Kern County Raceway Park on April 5th. M.K. Kanke reached his 50th career start at the season opener at Madera. Greg Voigt will hit start number 50 at Madera on June 28th.
- Milestone Money: Jim Pettit reached $100,000 in career SPEARS Southwest Tour Series earnings at the April 5th Kern County Raceway Park event.
- More Milestones: Derek Thorn reached an all-time series high of 1,603 career laps led when he took over the lead from Brandon White on lap 100 of the Century Motorsports and Marine 125 at Rocky Mountain Raceways on May 26th.
- Green-Green-Green: Thirty-two drivers have taking the green so far in 2014. (Compared to 34 in 2013 at this point.)
- S2 Series: Johnny Butler from Arcadia, California is the current point leader in the SRL S2 Tour Series with 810 points, Bakersfield’s Brandon Weaver is second at 773, Chris Morrison is third with 741 points.
- Legends: Leading the SRL Legends Tour championship is Tony Mangini with 461 points, followed closely by his brother Tim with 460, Eric Olsen, Brandon Weaver and Eddie Garone round out the top five in the Legends standings.
- Second Half: The second half of the 2014 SPEARS Southwest Tour Series will be highlighted by the three races that will make up the “Pat Pettit Memorial Triple Crown” which will award $5,000 to win at Irwindale Speedway on August 16th, $15,000 to win at Pikes Peak International Raceway on September 28th and $10,000 to win at Kern County Raceway Park on November 1st.
Next race for the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series will be the “51 FIFTY Energy Drink 125 presented by AmeriPride Services” at Madera Speedway on Saturday, June 28th. For more information go to www.SRLSouthwestTour.com
About SPEARS MANUFACTURING: Spears Manufacturing is a world leader in plastic pipe fittings and valves. SPEARS’ maintains over one million square feet of manufacturing facilities in four states and nine distribution centers across the USA for worldwide distribution. For more information go to http://www.spearsmfg.com.
About the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series: Celebrating its fourteenth season in 2014, the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series is a regional stock car series competing on paved ovals in the southwestern portion of the U.S. http://www.srlsouthwesttour.com. “The SPEARS Southwest Tour Series…Where the Champions Race”
- SPEARS Southwest Tour Series press release. Photo credit: Rex Emerson