WHAT: 16th Annual Idaho 200 Presented By NAPA Auto Parts
Race No. 6 of 9
WHERE: State Line Speedway Post Falls, ID
WHEN: July 31-August 1, 2015
DISTANCE: 200 Laps/ 50 Miles
SANCTION: Tri-Track Super Late Model Series (TTSLMS)
PROMOTER: State Line Speedway
CONTACTS: Jeremy Anders, TTSLMS (509) 699-9317
THE RACETRACK: Stateline Stadium Speedway is a high banked 1/4 mile oval track with Figure 8 track embedded as well. Elevated concrete grandstands make for amazing views of the action for spectators.
2014 10 IN THE EVENT (Stateline Speedway Event)
1) Trevor Emond
2) Owen Riddle
3) Alex Lessor
4) Shelby Thompson
5) Braeden Havens
6) Ryan Wells
7) Nicole Behar
8) Agni Howell
9) Dan Garber
10) Justin Popple
Past Idaho 200 Winners
Trevor Emond (2014)
Blake Williams (2013)
Garrett Evans (2012)
Kevin Richards (2011 & 2006)
John Dillon (2010)
Gary Lewis (2009-08 -07)
Jeff Jefferson (2005)
Rick Schultz (2004)
Darren Rupinski (2003)
John Gamble (2002-01)
Tom Sweatman (2000)
2015 Tri Track Series Top 10 Points
- Garrett Evans 439
- Doni Wanat 434
- Mitch Kleyn 398
- Parker Stephens 337
- Glen Knutson 298
- Blake Williams 290
- Shelby Thompson 261
- Braeden Havens 260
- Shane Harding 230
- Andy Sole 224
NOTES OF INTEREST:
- The 16th Annual Idaho 200 will be give the 2 fastest drivers from qualifying the chance to Double Down their purse if they choose to go from the back of the pack and if they win walk away with $16,000.
- Garrett Evans currently sits in the top spot for the series championship race but holds a narrow 5 point lead over Doni Wanat. Evans posted only his 2nd TTSLMS Career DNF at the Idaho 150 at Stateline Speedway in June.
- Doni Wanat will be making the trek from Washington as he tries to reel in Evans in the champion standings. Like Evans, Wanat is still looking for his first career TTSLMS win.
- Only one driver can say he has won the Idaho 200 Three times and that is Gary Lewis. Back in June at State Line, Lewis posted his best finish of the year with a 5th place run. Will he become a 4 Time Winner?
- Blake Williams has had an impressive year so far including a win at the Idaho Tune Up 150 back in June at State Line Speedway. Williams will be looking to capture his 2nd Idaho 200 win and move into the top-5 in points after this weekend.
- Back in June during the Idaho Tune up 150 the Killer B Race Team of Braeden Havens and Shelby Thompson captured 2 of the 3 spots on the podium. Both drivers are looking for their first Idaho 200 at their home track and would love to be on the Top 2 spots of the podium this weekend.
WILD CARD DRIVER OF THE WEEK: DAVE GARBER
- A Spokane Area Native and longtime State Line Speedway racer, Garber has won many races but never an Idaho 200. Garber has raced in 11 Idaho 200 and has Three Top 5 finishes including 2nd in 2013. Garber has won already this year at State Line Speedway in the local Late Model division and will be looking to bring home a big win this weekend.
STAT OF THE WEEK:
• Only 3 drivers(Gary Lewis, Garrett Evans and Blake Williams) of the 25 Car Expected Field have won the Idaho 200. In the 15 years of the event 132 Different Drivers have raced in the Idaho 200 with 11 different winners. Will we see a new face in victory lane or a repeat winner?
UPCOMING ON THE TRI-TRACK SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES:
The Tri-Track Super Late Model will stay in the Inland Northwest with a trip to Spokane County Raceway August 29th for the I-90 Challnge on the high banked Half-Mile Ova. Follow the Tri Track Super Late Model Series on Facebook for more information.
-Tri-Track Super Late Model Series Press Release & Photo