Dacona, CO – Ryan Partridge turned a dominant performance Saturday night at Colorado National Speedway into his first career NASCAR K&N Pro Series West victory.
The 25-year-old rookie from Rancho Cucamonga, California, won his first Coors Light Pole Award, and then went out and led all but one lap in the NAPA Auto Parts 150.
Partridge’s No. 9 Sunrise Ford/Eirbach Springs/Lucas Oil Ford crossed the finish line 1.7 seconds in front of runner-up Blake Williams. The 20-year-old Williams was making his third career start and posted his second top five.
Partridge was the 2014 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series California champion running in the Late Model Division at Irwindale Speedway. He was making his 13th career start Saturday and is in his first full-time season with car owner Bob Bruncati. Partridge’s previous best was a runner-up finish in the series’ last race at Evergreen Speedway in Washington.
Defending race winner Chris Eggleston came home third, followed by David Mayhew and Brandon McReynolds.
Rookies Gracin Raz, Alex Schutte, Noah Gragson and Nicole Behar finished sixth through ninth, while 2014 Sunoco Rookie of the Year James Bickford was 10th.
Schutte was the last car on the lead lap as the race went caution-free for the final 89 laps.
Eggleston was the only other driver to lead, taking the point briefly on a Lap 29 restart. He and Partridge are tied on points, with Gragson falling six points behind with three races remaining. Raz is 12 points back in fourth.
The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West heads to Meridian Speedway for the NAPA Auto Parts Idaho 208 on Saturday, Sept. 5.
The NAPA Auto Parts 150 from Colorado will air on NBCSN on Thrusday, Aug. 27 at 7 p.m. ET.
NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST-NAPA Auto Parts Toyota 150 Results
At Colorado National Speedway
Lap length: 0.37 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (1) Ryan Partridge, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Ford, 150 laps, 65.487 mph.
2. (9) Blake Williams, Spokane, Wash., Ford, 150.
3. (3) Chris Eggleston, Erie, Colo., Toyota, 150.
4. (2) David Mayhew, Atascadero, CA, Chevrolet, 150.
5. (6) Brandon McReynolds, Mooresville, N.C., Toyota, 150.
6. (4) Gracin Raz, Lake Oswego, Ore., Ford, 150.
7. (8) Alex Schutte, Redding, Calif., Chevrolet, 150.
8. (10) Noah Gragson, Las Vegas, NV, Ford, 149.
9. (11) Nicole Behar, Spokane, WA, Toyota, 149.
10. (5) James Bickford, Napa, Calif., Ford, 149.
11. (7) Ron Norman, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 149.
12. (12) Jack Nugent, Lafayette, Colo., Toyota, 144.
13. (15) Matt Levin, Tucson, Ariz., Toyota, 133, engine.
14. (14) Rich DeLong III, Santa Clarita, Calif., Chevrolet, 149.
15. (13) Johnny White, Bakersfield, Calif., Chevrolet, 133, engine.
Time of Race: 0 hours 50 minutes 51 seconds
Margin of Victory: 1.700 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: R.Partridge * (79.966 mph, 16.657 seconds)
Caution Flags: 3 for 11 laps.
Lead Changes: 2 among 2 drivers.
Lap Leaders: R. Partridge 1-28; C. Eggleston 29; R. Partridge 30-150.
Standings: 1. C. Eggleston, 396; 2. R. Partridge, 396; 3. N. Gragson, 390; 4. G. Raz, 384; 5. D. Mayhew, 378; 6. J. Bickford, 358; 7. A. Schutte, 357; 8. B. McReynolds, 351; 9. N. Behar, 338; 10. J. White, 335.
-NASCAR IMC Press Release. Photo Credit: Justin Edmonds/Getty Images for NASCAR