Ryan Partridge put an end to Todd Gilliland’s three-race win streak in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Saturday night at Arizona’s Tucson Speedway.
The 27-year-old from Rancho Cucamonga, California, held off a charging Gilliland on the Green-White-Checkered attempt to cruise to his second series victory after leading 127 laps.
In a similar fashion to his first career win at Colorado National Speedway last season, Partridge earned the Coors Light Pole Award earlier in the day before celebrating in the winner’s circle that night.
Gilliland, who leads the K&N Pro Series West standings as well as the Sunoco Rookie of the Year points, settled for second. The 17-year-old from Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, headed into Tucson on a three race win streak after collecting victories at last year’s season finale at Arizona’s Phoenix International Raceway, California’s Irwindale Speedway in this year’s season opener and most recently, at California’s Kern County Raceway Park.
Chris Eggleston, Gilliland’s Bill McAnally Racing teammate, finished third followed by Partridge’s Sunrise Ford Racing teammate Cole Rouse and Julia Landauer.
Matt Levin, Riley Herbst, Blaine Perkins, last year’s race winner Noah Gragson and Ron Norman completed the top 10. The race was slowed twice by cautions, including the halfway break.
Gilliland maintains a four-point lead over Ryan Partridge. While Chris Eggleston, Cole Rouse and Riley Herbst round out the top five in points.
The NAPA Auto Parts WildCat 150 will air on NBCSN on Thursday, May 12 at 6:00 p.m. ET.
The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West will be back in action May 21 with the Sunrise Ford 150 at California’s Orange Show Speedway.
-NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications Press Release. Photo credit: Getty Images for NASCAR
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST-NAPA Auto Parts Wildcat 150 Results
Tucson Speedway – Tucson, Ariz.
Lap length: 0.375 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
- (1) Ryan Partridge, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Ford, 156 laps, 64.483 mph.
- (4) Todd Gilliland, Sherrills Ford, N.C., Toyota, 156.
- (5) Chris Eggleston, Erie, Colo., Toyota, 156.
- (2) Cole Rouse, Fort Smith, Ark., Ford, 156.
- (12) Julia Landauer, New York, N.Y., Toyota, 156.
- (6) Matt Levin, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 156.
- (8) Riley Herbst, Las Vegas, Nev., Toyota, 156.
- (9) Blaine Perkins, Bakersfield, Calif., Chevrolet, 156.
- (3) Noah Gragson, Las Vegas, NV, Ford, 155, engine.
- (10) Ron Norman, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 153.
- (14) Stafford Smith, Eagle, Idaho., Ford, 153.
- (13) Christian Celaya, Caborca, Mexico, Ford, 152.
- (11) John Wood, Eagle, ID, Chevrolet, 152.
- (15) Rich DeLong III, Santa Clarita, Calif., Chevrolet, 150.
- (16) Jesse Iwuji, Dallas, Texas, Chevrolet, 146.
- (7) Gracin Raz, Lake Oswego, Ore., Ford, 72, engine.
Time of Race: 54 minutes 26 seconds
Margin of Victory: .398 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: R. Partridge (84.938 mph, 15.894 seconds)
Caution Flags: 2 for 17 laps.
Lead Changes: 4 among 3 drivers.
Lap Leaders: R. Partridge 1-10; M. Levin 11-38; R. Partridge 39-153; T. Gilliland 154; R. Partridge 155-156.
Standings: 1. T. Gilliland, 138; 2. R. Partridge, 134; 3. C. Eggleston, 122; 4. C. Rouse, 116; 5. R. Herbst, 115; 6. N. Gragson, 111; 7. J. Landauer, 109; 8. R. Norman, 98; 9. G. Raz, 97; 10. M. Levin, 91.