WHAT: Atomic 125
Race No. 5 of 7
WHERE: Hermiston Raceway, Hermiston, Ore.
WHEN: September 1, 2019
DISTANCE: 125 Laps/31.25 Miles
SANCTION: Northwest Super Late Model Series Inc.(NWSLMS)
PROMOTER: Speedway Promotions LLC
CONTACTS: Jarrod Goodwin, NWSLMS Director (509) 879-5082
Greg Walden, Hermiston Raceway (509) 845-5510
THE RACETRACK: Hermiston Raceway is a slightly banked .250-mile paved oval.
ATOMIC 125 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Sunday, September 1-
Open Practice Sessions
4:15 p.m. Driver’s Meeting
4:30 p.m. Qualifying
Opening Ceremonies 5:55 p.m.
9 p.m. Atomic 125
2014 TOP-10 IN THE EVENT
- 37 Mike Longton, Moxee, Wash.
- 93 David Garber, Spokane, Wash.
- 00 Brad Rhoads Kennewick, Wash.
- 60 Dan England, Prescott, Wash.
- 07 Joe Horst Hermiston, Ore.
- 7 Tom Abercrombie Hooper, Utah.
- 12 Trenton Moriarity, Monroe, Wash.
- 1k Mitch Kleyn Quincy, Wash.
- 38 Lucas Valdez Kennewick, Wash.
- 24 Tim Babcock Kennewick, Wash.
2019 TOP-10 CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS STANDINGS
- Trevor Cristiani
- Alan Cress -8
- Garrett Evans -9
- Trenton Moriarity -18
- Chad Hinkle -23
- Tristan Haider (Jefferson Pitts Racing ROTY leader) -27
- Christopher Kalsch -50
- Jesse Jensen -67
- Tayler Riddle -103
- Mitch Kleyn -107
CENTRAL WELDING 125 NOTES OF INTEREST:
- The Atomic 125 marks the return of the Northwest Super Late Model Series to the tricky .250-mile oval. Mike Longton won the last 125-lap NWSLMS race at Hermiston Raceway (June 2014) as he beat David Garber to the stripe.
- Trevor Cristiani moved to the top of the points standings with his strong run in the NWSLMS Central Welding 125 on July 27. The Idaho native has competed at Hermiston Raceway in the past and aims to run up front and maintain the points lead at the close of the Labor Day Spectacular.
- The top-7 drivers in the NWSLMS championship standings are all still in contention for the title heading into the Atomic 125.
- Tristan Haider continues to lead the battle for the Jefferson Pitts Racing Rookie of the Year award. This will be Haider’s first start at Hermiston Raceway. The youngster is just four points off a top-5 position in the chase for the 2019 NWSLMS championship. Haider is still mathematical alive for the season title and with three races left in the year could be one to watch in that span.
- David Garber, Mitch Kleyn, Jim Franklin and Tyler Brown have been among the strongest of Hermiston’s local super late model division on a week in and week out basis. Each will be vying for a bonus put up by Hermiston Raceway. Any driver who has run four or more local SLM events and runs the NWSLSM Atomic 125 is eligible for their final payout to be doubled. Should a local drive win they may be able to take home up to $6,000 for first place.
LOOKING BACK TO THE CENTRAL WELDING 125:
The following contingency prizes were earned in the series fourth event of the season, the Central Welding 125 held at Evergreen Speedway. Prizes will be presented at the Atomic 125. Winning drivers were required to run the contingency decal package provided by the series.
Hoosier Racing Tires (1 per driver): Doni Wanat, Alan Cress and Jesse Jensen
Ti Company Hard Charger Award: Doni Wanat, $100 cash and plaque
Penske Racing Shocks Awards:
Top Eligible Finisher- Trevor Cristiani
2nd: Doni Wanat
10th Place: Jesse Jensen
AFCO/Longacre Racing Products Long Tow Award: Trevor Cristiani, $50 certificate
AFCO/Longacre Racing Products Hard Luck Award: Pete Harding, $50 certificate
Wheel Chill Pole Position: Tyler Tanner, $100 certificate
Wheel Chill $25 Driver Cool Box: Trenton Moriarity
Wheel Chill $25 Grill Chill Certificate: Jeff Knight
Frank’s Radio Top-3 Eligible Finishers: Trevor Cristiani, $100 gift card
Doni Wanat, $75 gift card
Garrett Evans, $50 gift card
NEXT UP FOR THE NORTHWEST SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES:
Wenatchee Valley Super Oval hosts its annual September NWSLSM shootout, the Neal Newberry 125, on September 21. Considered a crown jewel on the NWSLMS schedule, the final race of the season on the North Central Washington. 250-mile oval produces some of the tightest competition of the year.
ABOUT THE NORTHWEST SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES:
The Northwest Super Late Model SeriesInc.is the premier regional touring Super Late Model series in the Northwest. The series has many valued sponsors including Hoosier Racing Tire, McGunegill Engine Performance, Port City Race Cars, AR Bodies, Joes Racing Products, Penske Racing Shocks, Jostens, Accelerated Graphics, Five Star Bodies, Longacre Racing Products, Wheel Chill, KRC Power Steering, Atomic Screenprinting and Embroidery, Franks Racing Radio, BLP, Jefferson Pitts Racing, Leonard Evans Used Car Super Store, The Ti Company and Pacific Steel Structures LLC. For more information on the series visit www.nwslms.com or on Facebook or Twitter. To contact the series please email [email protected].
-Northwest Super Late Model Series Press Release and Photo