RACE FACTS & NOTES OF INTEREST
WHAT: Park Model Homes 125 presented by CAL
Race No. 6 of 8
WHERE: Spokane Super Oval–located on the grounds of Spokane County Raceway in Airway Heights, WA
WHEN: August 20, 2016
DISTANCE: 125 Laps/ 62.5 Miles
SANCTION: Northwest Super Late Model Series (NWSLMS)
PROMOTER: Rick Nelson, Spokane Super Oval
THE RACETRACK: Slightly banked .500-mile oval and one of the fastest tracks in the Northwest. Referred to as the “Martinsville of the West” many NASCAR teams have used the facility in preparation for the tricky paper clip Virginia track. The track has undergone many changes and upgrades over the past year with improved pits and safety walls.
2016 Northwest Super Late Model Series Top 10 Points
- Garrett Evans 243
- Ryan Wells 206
- Braeden Havens 196
- Mitch Kleyn 188
- Brittney Zamora 184
- Ed Thomsen 174
- Nicole Behar 152
- Glenn Knutson 147
- Clint Habart 139
- Corey Allard 131
NOTES OF INTEREST:
- This will be the second trip to Spokane Super Oval for the Northwest Super Late Model Series in 2016. Garrett Evans won the first race back in May.
- “Killer B” Flying High- Braeden Havens is flying high after winning his first career NWSLMS win after capturing the Idaho 200 win at Stateline Speedway. Havens is currently 3rd in the 2016 Championship Standings.
- The Riddler is Back- Tayler Riddle will make his return to the NWSLMS this weekend after spending the last few months winning some of the biggest races in the Northwest, including Evergreen Speedway’s Summer Showdown and Galloway 150. The Naches, WA Driver has four career NWSLMS wins including last summer’s stop at SCR.
- Bouncing Back- Garrett Evans will be looking to bounce back after posting his second worst series finish of his career at the Idaho 200 when he finished 19th. Evans still holds a lead on the 2016 Championship and will be looking to add to his three NWSLMS wins this year.
- SUPER LATE MODEL DEBUT- 15 year-old Brooke Schimmel of Woodland, WA will be making her NWSLMS debut this weekend. She has been running in Legend Cars, Pro 4 Late Models and most recently in the West Coast Late Models.
- Power Driving- Ryan Wells is coming off an impressive second-place finish at the Idaho 200 that featured him coming from 19th to 2nd place in 40 laps. The Montana native is currently second in the 2016 Championship points. Wells led a majority of the race at SCR in May before falling back late due to handling issues.
STAT OF THE WEEK:
- Manufacture Race-Through the 25 races that the NWSLMS has been in existence it’s been almost even in the amount of races won by the top two manufactures, but Ford takes the win by capturing 13 of the 25 race wins. Chevy has been the dominant force this year with all five main event victories. Which one will see victory lane this weekend?
UPCOMING ON THE NORTHWEST SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES:
The Northwest Super Late Model Series will head back to Central Washington for the Neal Newberry 125 at Wenatchee Valley Super Oval in Wenatchee, WA. The race, to be held Sept. 10, will honor one of the all-time great racing legends of the Wenatchee Valley and Pacific Northwest.
-Northwest Super Late Model Series Press Release & Photo