Race No. 4 of 8
DISTANCE: 150 Laps/ 37.5 Miles
THE RACETRACK: Stateline Stadium Speedway is a high-banked .250-mile oval with a Figure 8 track embedded as well. Elevated concrete grandstands make for amazing views of the action for spectators.
2015 TOP 10 IN THE EVENT
1. Blake Williams
2. Shelby Thompson
3. Braeden Havens
4. Ryan Wells
5. Gary Lewis
6. Gracin Raz
7. Doni Wanat
8. Mitch Kleyn
9. Dave Garber
10. Clint Habart
2016 Northwest Super Late Model Series Top 10 Points
1. Garrett Evans 153
2. Nicole Behar 132
3. Braeden Havens 124
4. Ryan Wells 117
5. Brittney Zamora 107
6. Mitch Kleyn 102
7. Ed Thomsen 99
8. Toby Becker 96
9. Garret Archer 93
10. Mike Longton 87
NOTES OF INTEREST:
• The Idaho Tune-Up 150 will mark the first trip to Stateline Speedway for the 2016 season. The race will be 150 laps, four tire race with a break a lap 100 for fuel and small adjustments.
• Garrett Evans continues his quest to three-peat the championship. Evans has finished in the Top-Two in each of the first three races including two wins.
• Killer “B” Racing Team drivers Braeden Havens and Shelby Thompson will look for big things this weekend as they both finished on the podium in last year’s event. Thompson has one win this year and Havens currently sits third in the championship. Havens is looking to capture his first win on the series and took 3rd in this event just one year ago.
• Blake Williams makes his return to defend his win from 2016. This will be Williams’s second start on the series this year.
• Montana driver Ryan Wells will look for continued success at Stateline Speedway where he has captured a victory and multiple poles over the past few seasons.
• Jefferson Pitts Racing Rookie of the Year Watch- Brittney Zamora currently leads the way over Toby Becker and Dirk Bennett. Drivers will get the opportunity to drop one race for the end of the year points.
STAT OF THE WEEK:
• Nicole Behar has been on fire of lately picking up back to back podium finishes in the last two races. Behar heads to her home track this week, where she has captured many race victories as well as track championships. Behar sits second in the championship standings and will be looking to close the gap this weekend.
UPCOMING ON THE NORTHWEST SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES:
The Northwest Super Late Model Series takes a long break off before heading back to Stateline Speedway August 6th for the 17th Annual Idaho 200. The Northwest Super Late Model Series is the premier regional touring Super Late Model series in the Northwest. The series has many great sponsors including Hoosier Racing Tire, McGunegill Engine Performance, Port City Race Cars, AR Bodies, Joes Racing Products, KRC Power Steering, Five Star Bodies, Longacre Racing Products, Wheel Chill, Racers Against Child Abuse, Atomic Screenprinting and Embroidery, Franks Racing Radio, BLP and Racing Dynamics. For more information on the series visit www.nwslmseries.com or visit the series on Facebook or Twitter. To contact the series please email [email protected]
-Northwest Super Late Model Series Press Release
-Photo Credit: Northwest Super Late Model Series