Twenty of NASCAR’s biggest stars will strap themselves into rental karts at GoPro Motorplex in Mooresville, North Carolina on Tuesday night to compete in the Valvoline Little 600. Fans in the area are encouraged to head out to the track for a free, family-friendly experience that includes unprecedented access to NASCAR’s stars. Others who aren’t able to make it out to the event will be able to watch from the comfort of their homes live on Speed51.com powered by JEGS.
We at Speed51.com have put together a list of some of the most important news and notes leading up to tomorrow’s event.
- 2015 Valvoline Little 600 Entry List: Kyle Larson, Kasey Kahne, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Michael McDowell, Justin Allgaier, Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott, Ryan Truex, Bryan Scott, Brennan Poole, Cole Custer and Austin Theriault. More drivers are expected to be added to that list on race day.
- Admission to the event is free. A $10 parking fee will be charged per car load. Fans can purchase a VIP experience for $75 by visiting the GoPro Motorplex website.
- The GoPro Motorplex’s 0.7-mile sprint track is based on the famous and historic Kartdromo Parma in Italy.
- The format for the event will give fans the opportunity to watch their favorite NASCAR stars compete in qualifying heat races leading up to the 15-lap event under the lights.
- This year’s event will include a 10-lap “Eyes in the Sky” race for NASCAR spotters.
- “Eyes in the Sky” Entry List: TJ Majors (No.88), Brett Griffin (No.15), Eddie D’Hondt (No.24), Kevin Hamlin (No.5), Tab Boyd (No.22), Tim Fedewa (No.4), Brandon Benesch (No.10), Lorin Ranier (No.1), Derek Kneeland (No.42), Tony Raines (No.9), Roman Pemberton (No.55), Freddie Kraft (No.6), Mike Herman, Jr. (No.17), Rocky Ryan (No.51), David Keith (No.38), Doug Campbell, (No.7), Chris Monez (No.9), Billy O’Dea (No.3), Tyler Green (No.43) and Jason Reiner (No.25).
- A group of 8-12 year olds will have their chance to shine on the big stage. Competing in their own race karts, the IAME Mini Swift drivers will compete in an 8-lap race.
- Four-time Chili Bowl Nationals winner Kevin Swindell held off NASCAR Sprint Cup Series star Joey Logano to win the 2014 Valvoline Little 600.
- Fans unable to make it to Mooresville can watch a live stream of the event for free on 51 TV via Speed51.com, courtesy of PlanBSales.com. The live broadcast is scheduled to begin at approximately 5:30 p.m. ET. To watch the broadcast, click here.
- Motorsports broadcasters Bob Dillner and Lenny Batycki will anchor the 51 TV play-by-play coverage with Wendy Venturini covering all the behind-the-scenes from the pit area.
-By Brandon Paul, Speed51.com Editor – Twitter: @Brandon_Paul51