RACE FACTS & NOTES OF INTEREST
WHAT: Leonard Evans 150
Race No. 2 of 8
WHERE: Wenatchee Valley Super Oval, Wenatchee, WA
WHEN: April 30, 2016
DISTANCE: 150Laps/ 37.5 Miles
SANCTION: Northwest Super Late Model Series (NWSLMS)
PROMOTER: Garrett Evans Promotions, Inc.
THE RACETRACK: Wenatchee Valley Super Oval has 10 degrees of banking in the corners and is known as one of the fastest-.250-mile paved ovals in the country.
2015 TOP 10 IN THE EVENT (Leonard Evans 200)
1) Tayler Riddle
2) Garrett Evans
3) Jeremy Doss
4) Parker Stephens
5) Doni Wanat
6) Tyler Tanner
7) Mitch Kleyn
8) Braeden Havens
9) Blake Williams
10) Glenn Knutson
NOTES OF INTEREST:
- The Leonard Evans 150 is a race in honor of Leonard Evans who was one of the founders of WVSO back in 1999 and father of Garrett Evans. Leonard passed away in December 2014. Leonard was a huge supporter of racing in both the Wenatchee Valley and across the Northwest.
- 2nd Best During Festival Weekend- The Leonard Evans 150 is held during the Washington State Apple Blossom Festival in Wenatchee, Garrett Evans has finished 2nd in the past two Apple Blossom Festival races.
- No Place Like Home- Both Mitch Kleyn and Glenn Knutson call WVSO home and will be looking for continued success as each driver had Top-10 finishes in both races at WVSO in 2015.
- Jefferson Pitts Racing Rookie of the Year Contenders- Brittney Zamora and Toby Becker will both be looking to improve on their Yakima finishes while Dirk Bennett will be making first start after missing the first race due to engine issues.
- The race will feature driver’s representing 4 states and 1 Canadian Provinces.
- Killer B Racing Bouncing Back- Braeden Havens and Shelby Thompson of Killer B Racing will be looking to bounce back after each car had mechanical failure at the Apple Cup. WVSO is a track where both drivers have been strong at in the previous years.
- New Winner- The Series has had fourteen different race winners in the twenty-one races. This weekend only three drivers on the entry list have a series win.
STAT OF THE WEEK:
- Shane Mitchell makes his series return after a horrific accident at the Leonard Evans 200 last year. Mitchell calls WVSO his home track and has 1 series win should be a contender for the win in his first race back.
UPCOMING ON THE NORTHWEST SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES:
The Northwest Super Late Model Series heads to Spokane County Super Oval for the SCR 12 set for May 14, 2016. The event will be on the fast high banked ½ mile oval.
The Northwest Super Late Model Series is the premier regional touring Super Late Model series in the Northwest. The series has many great sponsors including Hoosier Racing Tire, McGunegill Engine Performance, Port City Race Cars, AR Bodies, Joes Racing Products, Five Star Bodies, KRC Power Steering, Longacre Racing Products, Wheel Chill, Racers Against Child Abuse, Atomic Screenprinting and Embroidery, Franks Racing Radio, BLP, Jefferson Pitts Racing and Racing Dynamics. For more information on the series visit www.nwslmseries.com or visit the series on Facebook or Twitter. To contact the series please email [email protected]
-Northwest Super Late Model Series Press Release. Photo credit: