The New England Truck Series arrives at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park looking to crown a Series Champion and settling the closest point battle in recent series history. Corey Coates leads 5 time series champion Andy Lindeman by 3 points going into the World Series of Stock Car Racing. They control their own destiny, as a win by either driver would clinch the 2014 NETS Championship. Each has found victory lane multiple times in 2014, with Lindeman winning the series’ most recent event at Lee USA Speedway.
Burt Ouellette and Glen Noll are 6 points apart in the battle for third place in the standings. Three other drivers are in contention for a top five on the season, with DJ McGouran, top Rookie of the Year contender Tyler Chapman, and Mike Parker all within 3 points of each other.
Other contenders expected in the NETS field at the World Series include two time series champion Duane Noll, 2014 Icebreaker winner Roger Turbush, and 2014 race winners Allen Coates, and Chris Turbush.
-New England Truck Series Press Release
2014 NETS Top 10 points standings as of 10/12/2014
1. Corey Coates, Ledyard, CT 474
2. Andy Lindeman, Postenkill, NY 471
3.Bert Ouellette, Ellington, CT 448
4. Glen Noll, Naugatuck, CT 442
5. D.J. McGouran, Westerly, RI 427
6. Tyler Chapman ® Mystic, CT 425
7. Mike Parker, Uncasville, CT 424
8. Chris Correll, Uncasville, CT 413
9. Brandin Chase ® Concord, NH 351
10. Duane Noll Monroe, CT 326