The inaugural Canadian Short Track Nationals at Jukasa Motor Speedway (ON) took the short track world by storm with its massive $50,000 (CAD) payday and its strong list of entries featuring some North America’s best drivers. Now, with an increased purse for this year’s version, entries continue flying in for all over the continent.
With just one month remaining until the second running of the Canadian Short Track Nationals, entries continue to pour in from Canada and the U.S. for the 250-lap race on September 1, 2019. The race will have a purse of $300,000 for 2019, including $75,000 ($56,347 USD) to the winner. The Hagersville, Ontario track announced during last year’s event that the purse would increase every year until 2021, when the purse would be a staggering one million dollars.
The newest batch of entries is led by defending Canadian Short Track Nationals winner Bubba Pollard. The recently-named FK Rod Ends Driver of the Month is coming off wins in the last two Blizzard Series races and his second straight Masters of the Pros win with the JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour at Memphis International Raceway (TN).
Last year’s third-place finisher, Brian Campbell, will be back looking to improve his finishing position by two spots on Labor Day Weekend. The Wyoming, MI driver is the all-time winningest driver in JEGS/CRA All-Stars Tour history and will look for his first win north of the border.
A trio of former series champions from both Canada and the United States have entered for the Canadian Short Track Nationals. 2017 APC United Late Model Series champion Brandon Watson is looking to build off a strong run one year ago, while defending PASS National champion Derek Griffith and 2016 Southern Super Series champion Donnie Wilson will look to make their first starts in the race.
Other Americans that are entered for the Canadian Short Track Nationals include 2019 CRA SpeedFest winner Connor Okrzesik, 2019 Easter Bunny 150 winner Derek Ramstrom, two-time Oxford 250 runner-up Reid Lanpher, Virginia’s Colin Garrett, Georgia’s Dawson Fletcher, Illinois’s Weston Griffith Jr, New York’s Sam Fullone, and Florida’s Travis Wilson.
The home province of Ontario has added several drivers to the entry list, which include APC runners Jake Sheridan, Dewayne Baker, and Gord Shepherd, Darrell Lake, Jaden Chapman, and Shawn Ritchie. Saskatchewan has added Trent Seidel to the mix, while brothers Kelly and Ian Admiraal will make the trip from Alberta.
They join an already stacked list of entries that include former NASCAR Pinty’s Series champion DJ Kennington, defending APC United Late Model Series champion JR Fitzpatrick, former PASS National champion Cassius Clark, former ACT champion Patrick Laperle, and Redbud 400 champion Johnny VanDoorn.
CSTN’s 2019 Entries - PLM
- PLM #18 - Patrick Freel, London On. - Simtech supply chain management
- PLM #55 - Gary Adriaensen, Belmont, On. - Dowler-Karn Fuels
- PLM #8 - Jordan Howse, Hillsburgh, Ontario - Paul Howse & Associates
- PLM #38 - Bill Pearsall, Puslinch, Ontario - Ponderosa Nature Resort
- PLM #18 - Tyler Emond, Leduc, Alberta - Alco & Alco Smart Roughneck System
- PLM #42 - Kyle Reid, Fort McMurray, Alberta - Robby’s Towing
- PLM #2 - Chris Reid, Fort McMurray, Alberta - Ella Mae Energy Services
- PLM #41 - Taylor Holdaway, Orillia, On - Holdaway Automotive
- PLM #12 - Matthew Shirley, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - R&R Rentals
- PLM #84 - JR Fitzpatrick, Cambridge, On. – TBA
- PLM #28 - DJ Kennington, St. Thomas, Ontario – WMI Race Cars
- PLM #14 - Chris Davidson, PEARLAND, Texas - Davidson Electric Company
- PLM #13 - Cassius Clark, PICTOU, NS - King Racing Competition Parts & Fabrication
- PLM #13m - Austin MacDonald, PICTOU, NS - King Racing Competition Parts & Fabrication
- PLM #14 - Carson Hocevar, Portage, MI - KBR Development
- PLM #71 - Johnny VanDoorn, Nunica, MI - TK Racing
- PLM #13 - Shane Maginnis, Hagersville, On - High Reach Cranes
- PLM #15 - Derek Lynch, Warkworth, On - HASIUK TRAILERS
- PLM #3 – Shae Gemmel, Dorchester, On -North Country Property Maintenance Inc.
- PLM #91 - Patrick Laperle, St Denis sur Richelieu, Quebec - Frameco
- PLM #70 – Trent Seidel, Grasswood, SK - Elance Steel/Pro Plus Automotive
- PLM #48 – Dwayne Baker, Stayner On - G D Coates Used Car Super Store
- PLM #9 – Brandon Watson, Barrie, On - Shear Metal Products
- PLM #62 – Travis Wilson, Bartow Florida - Travis Wilson Racing
- PLM #77 – Darrell Lake, Mount Brydges, On - London Drive Systems
- PLM #10s – Gord Shepherd, Oro, On - Paragon Office Installation Services Ltd
- PLM #52 – Jake Sheridan, Mt. Brydges, On - Pride Seed / Vibrent Farms
- PLM #99 – Donnie Wilson, Oklahoma City, OK – Rowdy Manufacturing
- PLM #47 – Brian Campbell, Wyoming , Michigan - Daily Deals
- PLM #33 – Weston Griffith Jr., Harvey, IL – Solid Steel
- PLM #48 – Sam Fullone, North Collins, New York - Fullone Trucking Inc.
- PLM #35 – Derek Ramstrom, Worcester, MA - Matthews Truck Service/ Ramstroms Service Center
- PLM #26 – Bubba Pollard, Senoia, GA – Harrison’s Workwear
- PLM #13 – Jaden Chapman, Sarnia, On - Refined Fool Brewing
- PLM #14 – Connor Okrzesik, Grand Bay, AL – Metro Glass
- PLM #71 – Dawson Fletcher, Canton, GA – FireAde
- PLM #59 – Reid Lanpher, Manchester, ME – EJP Racing
- PLM #3 – Shawn Ritchie, Echo Bay, On – McColl Racing Enterprises
- PLM #24 – Colin Garrett, Souh Boston, VA – Propel GPS
- PLM #8 – Kelly Admiraal, Edmonton Alberta – Swan Rentals
- PLM # 9 – Ian Admiraal, Sherwood Park, Alberta – Swan Rentals
- PLM #12G – Derek Griffith, Hudson, NH - LCM Motorsports/ Tyngsboro Motors
-Story by: Koty Geyer, Speed51.com State Editor (IN/MI) - Twitter: @kgeyer3
-Photo credit: Speed51.com