CLEVELAND, TN -- Chris Madden is on a late season hot streak. The Gray Court, S.C. driver led flag-to-flag for the $10,000 victory in the Southern Nationals Bonus Series-sanctioned Gobbler 77 at Cleveland (Tenn.) Speedway on Saturday Night. Madden's win totals since mid-October are now at $40,000 with the series.
Madden rolled into victory lane for his fourth career Southern Nationals Bonus Series win while driving the Clements Racing Engines powered, Century Plastics, Crowder Trucking, Cushman Paint & Body, Modern Images, Allstar Performance, Crescent Moon Homes LLC., Stroble Mini Storage, Penske Racing Shocks, Hoosier Racing Tire, VP Racing Fuels, Worley Monument and Henderson Amusement sponsored Longhorn Chassis. This was Madden's third win in the last four Southern Nationals Bonus Series races.
One yellow flag on lap-62 brought the race to a halt as Aaron Ridley brushed the wall and came to a stop up in turn two.
David Payne of Murphy, N.C. was honored in the post-race activities for capturing the Championship and became the second different champion in two seasons with the tour. Payne collected $3,053 for the championship. Tommy Bailey of Corbin, Ky. was honored for second place in the final points and was awarded $1,553 for his efforts in the final totals of the season.
The Southern Nationals Bonus Series presented by Collins Signs along with the Old Man's Garage Spring Nationals Series and the Schaeffer's Oil Southern Nationals Series would like to thank all of the race teams, sponsors and most of all the fans for another amazing season.
Further information on the Southern Nationals Series can be obtained by logging on to www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .
-Southern National Series Press Release. Photo credit: Daryl Canfield/Speed51.com
Official Summary of Results
Feature Results of "27th Annual Gobbler 77" at Cleveland Speedway in Cleveland, TN on November 21, 2015:
1. Chris Madden-Gray Court, S.C.
2. Dale McDowell-Chickamauga, Ga.
3. Randy Weaver-Crossville, Tenn.
4. Chase Junghans-Manhattan, Ks.
5. Mike Marlar-Winfield, Tenn.
6. Jimmy Owens-Newport, Tenn.
7. Billy Ogle Jr.-Knoxville, Tenn.
8. Riley Hickman-Cleveland, Tenn.
9. Derek Ellis-Chatsworth, Ga.
10. Jason Hiett-Oxford, Ala.
11. Billy Moyer Jr.-Batesville, Ark.
12. Bryan Rowland-Woodward, Ok.
13. Donald McIntosh-Dawsonville, Ga.
14. David Payne-Murphy, N.C.
15. Tommy Bailey-Corbin, Ky.
16. Aaron Ridley-Chatsworth, Ga.
17. Mack McCarter-Gatlinburg, Tenn.
18. Skip Arp-Georgetown, Tenn.
19. Ray Cook-Brasstown, N.C.
20. Shawn Chastain-Murphy, N.C.
21. Cory Hedgecock-Loudon, Tenn.
22. Todd Morrow-East Ridge, Tenn.
Yellow Flags: One (lap 62)
Red Flags: None
Lap Leaders: Madden (1-77)
FK Rod Ends Overall Fast Time: Dale McDowell-13.893 seconds
Highest Finishing CT525 Engine ($200): None
Highest Finishing Steel Head/SPEC Engine ($200): Riley Hickman
Provisional Starters: David Payne and Skip Arp
Heat One Finish (15 Laps/Top-5 Transfer): Dale McDowell, Randy Weaver, Mike Marlar, Riley Hickman, Ray Cook, David Payne, Mack McCarter, Austin Horton, Caleb Ashby, Brian Ligon
Heat Two Finish (15 Laps/Top-5 Transfer): Chris Madden, Jimmy Owens, Jason Hiett, Derek Ellis, Todd Morrow, Cory Hedgecock, Shawn Chastain, David Doherty, Kurt English, Jason Welshan (Did Not Start)
Heat Three Finish (15 Laps/Top-5 Transfer): Chase Junghans, Billy Ogle Jr., Aaron Ridley, Billy Moyer Jr., Bryan Rowland, Donald McIntosh, Ross Bailes, Tommy Bailey, Skylar Marlar, Skip Arp (Did Not Start)
B-Main Finish (15 Laps/Top-5 Transfer): Cory Hedgecock, Donald McIntosh, Shawn Chastain, Mack McCarter, Tommy Bailey, David Payne, Skip Arp, Kurt English, Brian Ligon, Caleb Ashby, Austin Horton, Ross Bailes (DNS), David Doherty (DNS), Skylar Marlar (DNS), Jason Welshan (DNS).
FK Rod Ends Time Trial Results (Position/No./Driver/Hometown/Best Lap):
1. 17M-Dale McDowell/Chickamauga, Ga. 13.893
2. 20-Jimmy Owens/Newport, Tenn. 14.028
3. 18-Chase Junghans/Manhattan, Kan. 14.050
4. 116-Randy Weaver/Crossville, Tenn. 14.113
5. 44-Chris Madden/Gray Court, S.C. 14.117
6. 201-Billy Ogle Jr./Knoxville, Tenn. 14.119
7. 53-Ray Cook/Brasstown, N.C. 14.121
8. 1-Jason Hiett/Oxford, Ala. 14.215
9. 81-Aaron Ridley/Chatsworth, Ga. 14.229
10. 157-Mike Marlar/Winfield, Tenn. 14.272
11. 99-Derek Ellis/Chatsworth, Ga. 14.283
12. 20X-Bryan Rowland/Woodward, Ok. 14.310
13. 8-David Payne/Murphy, N.C. 14.363
14. X15-Shawn Chastain/Murphy, N.C. 14.369
15. 21-Billy Moyer Jr./Batesville, Ark. 14.380
16. R1-Riley Hickman/Chattanooga, Tenn. 14.397
17. T1-Todd Morrow/East Ridge, Tenn. 14.441
18. 7-Donald McIntosh/Dawsonville, Ga. 14.456
19. 51-Mack McCarter/Gatlinburg, Tenn. 14.467
20. 23-Cory Hedgecock/Loudon, Tenn. 14.476
21. 5-Ross Bailes/Clover, S.C. 14.576
22. 16-Austin Horton/Newnan, Ga. 14.629
23. 25-David Doherty/Sydney, Australia 14.631
24. 11-Skylar Marlar/Winfield, Tenn. 14.669
25. 4-Brian Ligon/Augusta, Ga. 14.731
26. 17-Kurt English/Murphy, N.C. 14.836
27. 11-Tommy Bailey/Corbin, Ky. 14.931
28. 61-Caleb Ashby/Cunningham, Tenn. 14.938
29. 29-Jason Welshan/Maryville, Tenn. No Time
30. 1-Skip Arp/Georgetown, Tenn. No Time
Final Southern Nationals Bonus Series Points (after Nov. 21, 2015)
1. David Payne-2,132 (Murphy, NC)
2. Tommy Bailey-1,624 (Corbin, KY)
3. Michael Chilton-1,114 (Salvisa, KY)
4. Billy Ogle Jr.-938 (Knoxville, TN)
5. Austin Smith-890 (Cedartown, GA)
6. Justin Rattliff-766 (Campbellsville, KY)
7. Victor Lee-750 (Danville, KY)
8. Donald McIntosh-740 (Dawsonville, GA)
9. Ronnie Payne-723 (Murphy, NC)
10. Ashton Winger-702 (Senoia, GA)