Eastaboga, AL —Dale McDowell of Chickamauga, Ga. led all 40 laps and captured his second Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Series victory of the season on Friday Night March 29th at Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, Ala.
This was McDowell’s 11th-career Spring Nationals payday while driving the E-Z-Go, Kinzer Drilling Company, Quality Natural Gas, Cometic Gaskets and New Era Industrial-sponsored entry. McDowell drove the Clements Racing Engines-powered Sweet-Bloomquist Race Car to the win.
Four yellow flags slowed the 40-lapper. The first caution flag came on lap 12 as Cory Hedgecock came to rest in turn two. The second yellow flag came on lap 13 as Josh Adkins and Will Roland got together in turn two and spun. The third yellow came on lap 29 as Tim Roszell spun right in front of leader Dale McDowell in turn two. The final yellow came on the restart as a multi-car incident in turn three slowed the field yet again.
The Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Series presented by Sunoco Race Fuels returns to action on Saturday Night March 30th at Senoia Raceway in Senoia, Ga. racing 60 laps for $10,000-to-win and $500-to-start.
1. Dale McDowell-Chickamauga, Ga.
2. Donald McIntosh-Dawsonville, Ga.
3. Tanner English-Benton, Ky.
4. Joseph Brown-Columbus, Ga.
5. Austin Horton-Newnan, Ga.
6. Jimmy Owens-Newport, Tenn.
7. Dallas Cooper-Talladega, Ala.
8. Jason Hiett-Oxford, Ala.
9. Jason Lively-Jacksonville, Ala.
10. Brandon Overton-Evans, Ga.
11. Jody Knowles-Tyrone, Ga.
12. Ashton Winger-Senoia, Ga.
13. John Henderson-North Augusta, S.C.
14. Dalton Polston-Lithia Springs, Ga.
15. Ivedent Lloyd, Jr.-Ocala, Fla.
16. Michael Page-Douglasville, Ga.
17. Forrest Trent-Talbott, Tenn.
18. Dillon Tidmore-Gadsden, Ala.
19. Mason Massey-Douglasville, Ga.
20. Tim Roszell-Anniston, Ala.
21. Will Roland-Jasper, Ga.
22. Josh Adkins-Talladega, Ala.
23. Cory Hedgecock-Loudon, Tenn.
-Spring Nationals Press Release
-Photo credit: Sara McDowell