Syracuse, NY – Larry Wight and Stewart Friesen, who will start on the front row of the 44th Annual NAPA Super DIRT Week Syracuse 200, and Carey Terrance of Hogansburg, N.Y. won the Big-Block Modified Triple 20 heats Saturday which set the majority of Sunday’s starting line-up.
Each Triple-20 winner collected $4,000 for their dominant 20-lap sprint performances.
Wight, 22, will be the youngest driver ever to start on the Syracuse 200 pole Sunday. He won his triple-20 convincingly, topping 2013 Syracuse 200 winner Billy Dunn by 3.549 seconds.
Wight said he isn’t feeling any extra pressure about being on the pole. “You have a better chance to control the race from there and the car’s going great,” he said. “I’m looking forward to it.”
Friesen won the second triple-20 by a comfortable margin over Pat Ward and Kenny Tremont despite a lap-11 restart.
“You always keep tweaking the car, but it’s strong, we’re in good shape,” the defending Syracuse 200 champion said.
Terrance was enthusiastic after holding off Billy Decker in the final triple-20. “My team has put an awesome car together,” he said.
44th Annual NAPA Super DIRT Week Syracuse 200 starting line-up:
1. Larry Wight (99L) Phoenix, N.Y. 2. Stewart Friesen (44) Sprakers, N.Y.
3. Carey Terrance (66x) Hogansburg, N.Y. 4. Billy Dunn (49) Watertown, N.Y.
5. Pat Ward (42p) Genoa, N.Y. 6. Matt Sheppard (999) Waterloo, N.Y.
7. 91 Billy Decker (91) Unadilla, N.Y. 8. Brett Hearn (20) Sussex, N.J.
9. Kenny Tremont (115) W. Sandlake, N.Y. 10. Jimmy Phelps (6) Baldwinsville, N.Y.
11. Keith Flach (43) Ravena, N.Y. 12. Tim McCreadie (39) Avon, N.Y.
13. Vic Coffey (32) Caledonia, N.Y. 14. Duane Howard (66) Olney, PA.
15. Frank Cozze (35) Wind Gap, PA 16. Jimmy Horton (12a) Folsom, N.J.
17. JR Heffner (17jr.) Kinderhook, N.Y. 18. John Ferrier (220) Middletown, N.Y.
19. Ronnie Johnson (2rj) Duanesburg, N.Y. 20. Mat Williamson, St. Catharines, ON
21. Rick Laubach (7) Hellertown, PA 22. Dominick Buffalino (51) Sayreville, N.J.
23. Tim Fuller (19) Edwards, N.Y. 24. Dave Blaney (74d) Hartford, OH
25. Eddie Marshall (98) Ridgefield, CT 26. Justin Haers (1) Phelps, N.Y.
27. Pierre Hebert (71) St. Hyacinthe, QC 28. Rob Bellinger (11) Dexter, N.Y.
<29. Danny Johnson Jr. (27j) Phelps, N.Y. 30. Rich Scagliotta (8) Bound Brook, N.J.
31. Jessey Mueller (19) Olmstedville, N.Y. 32. Eldon Payne (28p) Canandaigua, N.Y.
33. Tyler Dippel (1t) Walkill, N.Y. 34. Andy Bachetti (34) Great Barrington, MA
35. Ryan Godown (26) Ringoes, N.J. 36. Gray Tomkins (7z) Clifton Springs, N.Y.
37. Peter Britten (21a) Port Byron, N.Y. 38. Brian Swartout (14s) Beaver Dams, N.Y.
39. Mark Forte Jr. (40) Hammonton, N.J. 40. Jeff Rockefeller (816) Ballston Spa, N.Y.
41. Tom Sears Jr. (62s) Clay, N.Y. 42. Bob McGannon (21M) Garnerville, N.Y.
43. Jamie Maier (31M) Spencerport, N.Y. 44. “Win and You’re In” last chance winner
Story By: DIRTcar PR
Photo Credit: Speed51.com