WHAT: Leonard Evans 150 (Race No. 1 of 7 – Northwest Super Late Model Series)
WHERE: Wenatchee Valley Super Oval, E. Wenatchee, Wash.
WHEN: April 27
TIME: 8 p.m. PST
DISTANCE: 150 Laps/37.5 Miles
SANCTION: Northwest Super Late Model Series, Inc. (NWSLMS)
PROMOTER: Evans Promotions, Inc.
CONTACTS: Jeremy Anders, WVSO General Manager (509) 699-9317, Jarrod Goodwin, NWSLMS Director (509) 879-5082
THE RACETRACK: WVSO is a 10-degree banked, quarter-mile paved oval
2018 TOP-10 IN THE EVENT
1) 15 Tayler Riddle Naches, WA
2) 52 Britney Zamora Kennewick, WA
3) 12 Trenton Moriarity Monroe, WA
4) 1K Mitch Kleyn Quincy, WA
5) 92 Logan Jewell Prince George, BC
6) 31 Jessie Jensen Snohomish, WA
7) 00 Naima Lang Lynnwood, WA
8) 12f Chad Fitzpatrick Lake Stevens, WA
9) 81 Darrell Midgley Victoria, BC
10) 20s Andy Sole San Tan, AZ
2018 TOP-10 CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS STANDINGS
1) Britney Zamora
2) Mitch Kleyn
3) Trenton Moriarity
4) Andy Sole
5) Doni Wanat
6) Tayler Riddle
7) Alan Cress
8) Braeden Havens
9) Tristan Haider
10) Garrett Evans
READY TO TAKE THE GREEN FLAG:
¥ She’s Back: Reigning and two-time series champion Britney Zamora will use the break in her NASCAR K&N Pro Series West rookie season to run the Leonard Evans 150. Zamora has multiple wins at WVSO including the 2018 Neal Newberry 125.
¥ Tayler Trifect – Defending race champion Tayler Riddle will be aiming for his third Leonard Evans 150 title in four years.
¥ The list of drivers expected for the Leonard Evans 150 includes Doni Wanat, who has a series victory at WVSO. Coming off a top-five points finish in 2018, Wanat looks to make a run at the championship with a solid finish at one of his best tracks on the series.
¥ The winner of the Leonard Evans 150 will earn a guaranteed starting position in the famed Oxford (Maine) 250. A marquee event on the PASS North Series, this marks the first time the opportunity has been presented to a NWSLMS driver that wins a series race.
NOTE OF THE WEEK: GARRETT’S PRIZE?
• Known across the country as one of the greatest short track drivers of his generation, Garrett Evans has amassed a resume second to none. Name a major Super Late Model race in the Northwest and the odds are high that Evans has won it, unless it’s the Leonard Evans 150. Since the race’s inception, Evans has chased the title named for his late father but come up short each year. With 2019’s Leonard Evans 150 set as the NWSLMS season-opening event, Evans will be doubly motivated to win his father’s memorial while also setting out on a strong start to series championship number four.
UPCOMING ON THE NORTHWEST SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES:
The Northwest Super Late Model Series heads to the Yakima Speedway Apple Cup 125 on May 11 as race number two of the season. Originally scheduled for early April, the event was postponed due to inclement weather. Owen Riddle (2017) is the defending champion of the race with Garrett Evans having won the last series points-paying Apple Cup race in 2016.
ABOUT THE NORTHWEST SUPER LATE MODEL SERIES
The Northwest Super Late Model Series is the premier regional touring Super Late Model series in the Northwest. The series has many valued sponsors including Hoosier Racing Tire, Racing Dynamics, McGunegill Engine Performance, Port City Race Cars, AR Bodies, Joes Racing Products, Penske Racing Shocks, Jostens, Accelerated Graphics, Five Star Bodies, Longacre Racing Products, Wheel Chill, KRC Power Steering, Atomic Screenprinting and Embroidery, Franks Racing Radio, BLP, Jefferson Pitts Racing, Leonard Evans Used Car Super Store, The Ti Company and Pacific Steel Structures LLC. For more information on the series visit www.nwslmseries.com or on Facebook or Twitter. To contact the series please email [email protected]
-Northwest Super Late Model Series Press Release
-Photo credit: Michele Martin