Vallée-Jct., QC – Defending Serié ACT Champion Alex Labbé outdueled current point leader Dany Trépanier to win the Chaudiere 150 at Vallee-Jct., QC’s Autodrome Chaudiere in an event that took two days to complete due to rain.
St-Albert, QC’s Labbé took the lead from St-Edouard, QC’s Trépanier for the final time on lap 137 and survived a final restart with eight laps remaining for his third win of the season and ninth of his Serié ACT career. The event began on Saturday, July 11 before being halted after 44 laps and was restarted the afternoon of Sunday, July 12.
Gaetan Longtin led the first eight laps from the outside pole before Québec, QC’s Jean-François Déry took over on the first of nine restarts. Trépanier grabbed the lead from the 2013 Serié ACT Champion on lap 32 and was out front when the rains came.
Labbé moved to the point shortly after the race resumed on Sunday, but Trépanier got back by him on lap 89. This began a back-and-forth duel that saw the lead change hands six times over a 39-lap span before Labbé regained it for good.
Trepanier settled for second, marking his fifth straight podium finish. Second-place point driver Jonathan Bouvrette took third, followed by Patrick Cliche and Karl Allard in fourth and fifth. Donald Theegte, Déry, Patrick Boyer, Gaetan Gaudreault, and Martin Goulet Jr. completed the top-10.
Many of the top Serié ACT stars, including former Champions Labbé, Déry, Theetge, and Allard, are expected in action for the ACT International 500 at Plattsburgh, NY’s Airborne Park Speedway on Saturday, July 18 and Sunday, July 19. Both the American-Canadian Tour (ACT) Late Models and the Pro All Stars Series (PASS) Super Late Models will run 200-lap, $10,000-to-win events. The ACT event will also be the second leg of the Serié ACT Airborne Triple Crown. Qualifying begins at 6:30pm on Saturday, July 18, with features going to post at 1:00pm on Sunday, July 19.
Pos., Start Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (11) Alex Labbé (48QC), St-Albert, QC, 150 Laps
2. (8) Dany Trépanier (19QC), St-Edourard, QC, 150 Laps
3. (14) Jonathan Bouvrette (41QC), Blainville, QC, 150 Laps
4. (5) Patrick Cliche (5QC), Lévis, QC, 150 Laps
5. (12) Karl Allard (7ON), St-Félicien, QC, 150 Laps
6. (7) Donald Theetge (80QC), Boischatel, QC, 150 Laps
7. (6) Jean-François Déry (21QC), Québec, QC, 150 Laps
8. (10) Patrick Boyer (13QC), Québec, QC, 150 Laps
9. (1) Gaetan Gaudreault (38QC), Québec, QC, 149 Laps
10. (17) Martin Goulet Jr. (83QC), Mascouche, QC, 138 Laps
11. (15) Marco Bilodeau (75QC), Vallée-Jct., QC, 129 Laps
12. (3) Charles Harvey (75QC), Terrebonne, QC, 86 Laps
13. (9) Steven Boissoneault (31QC), Lyster, QC, 44 Laps
14. (4) Simon Roussin (6QC), Québec, QC, 44 Laps
15. (13) Jacques Poulin (97QC), E. Broughton, QC, 44 Laps
16. (16) Dave Trevors (94QC), Shannon, QC, 44 Laps
17. (18) Carl Poulin (57QC), E. Broughton, QC, 44 Laps
18. (2) Gaetan Longtin (66QC), Mercier, QC, 10 Laps
19. (19) Jocelyn Laliberté (11QC), St-Roch-de-l-Achigan, QC, 3 Laps
Lap Leaders: Gaetan Gaudreault, 0; Gaetan Longtin, 1-8; Jean-François Déry, 9-31; Dany Trepanier, 32-45; Alex Labbé, 46-88; Trépanier, 89-91; Labbé, 92; Trépanier, 93-132; Labbé, 133-135; Trépanier, 136; Labbé, 137-150. (10 lead changes among 4 drivers)
Margin of Victory: 0.990 seconds Time of Race: 1:35:00
Cautions: 9 (Laps 8, 10, 23, 38, 44 [red], 75, 86, 130, 142)
Heat Winners: Charles Harvey, Jean-François Déry, Dany Trépanier
-Serie ACT Press Release. Photo Credit: Norm Marx photo