Montmagny, QC – Defending Série ACT Champion Alex Labbé used a late cross-over move on fellow former Champion Donald Theetge to earn his fourth win of the year in the Montmagny 150 at Autodrome Montmagny on Saturday, September 5.
St-Albert, QC’s Labbé looked to the high side of Theetge entering turn 1 with three laps remaining, then dove low to Theetge’s inside exiting turn 2. The pair battled side-by-side for the next two laps before Labbé secured the lead.
Boischatel, QC’s Theetge dominated the first third of the race before surrendering the lead to Blainville, QC’s Jonathan Bouvrette on lap 51. Apart from one circuit where Labbé nosed ahead, Bouvrette kept him and Theetge at bay until his engine let go on lap 98. Labbé and Theetge then fought for the remainder of the race before Labbé’s winning move.
Theetge settled for a season-best second-place result after leading a race-high 91 laps. 2013 Série ACT Champion Jean-François Déry finished third to cut into Dany Trépanier’s point lead. Martin Goulet Jr., Patrick Hamel, Eric St-Gelais, Patrick Boyer, Patrick Cliche, Gaetan Gaudrealt, and Trépanier completed the top-10.
Série ACT will be back in action this Saturday, September 12 at Autodrome Chaudiere for a 200-lap combination event with the ACT U.S. Tour. The Pro All Stars Series Super Late Models will also run 200 laps in the doubleheader at the 1/3-mile oval. Post time is 6:00pm.
For more information contact the ACT offices at 802.244.6963, [email protected], or visit www.acttour.com.
-ACT Press Release. Photo credit: Guy Laroche
Pos., Start Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps
(8) Alex Labbé (48QC), St-Albert, QC, 150 Laps
(2) Donald Theetge (80QC), Boischatel, QC, 150 Laps
(11) Jean-François Déry (21QC), Quebec, QC, 150 Laps
(16) Martin Goulet Jr. (83QC), Mascouche, QC, 150 Laps
(7) Patrick Hamel (51QC), Ste-Croix, QC, 150 Laps
(12) Eric St. Gelais (42QC), St-Aimes-des-Lac, QC, 150 Laps
(5) Patrick Boyer (13QC), Quebec, QC, 150 Laps
(6) Patrick Cliché (5QC), Levis, QC, 150 Laps
(3) Gaetan Gaudreault (38QC), Quebec, QC, 149 Laps
(14) Dany Trépanier (19QC), St-Edouard, QC, 149 Laps
(10) Simon Roussin (6QC), Quebec, QC, 148 Laps
(13) Steven Boissonneault (31QC), Lyster, QC, 148 Laps
(9) Marco Bilodeau (75QC), Quebec, QC, 148 Laps
(17) Patrick Boucher (96QC), Ste-Marthe, QC, 138 Laps
(15) Jean Bilodeau (55QC), Quebec, QC, 138 Laps
(18) Jacques Claveau (94QC), Beauport, QC, 138 Laps
(20) Jéremié Dubé (18QC), Quebec, QC, 119 Laps
(4) Jonathan Bouvrette (41QC), Blainville, QC, 98 Laps
(19) Dave Trevors (88QC), Quebec, QC, 92 Laps
(1) Claude Leclerc (11QC), Lanoarie, QC, 50 Laps
Lap Leaders: Claude Leclerc, 1; Donald Theetge, 2-50; Jonathan Bouvrette, 51-76; Alex Labbé, 77; Bouvrette, 78-98; Labbé, 99; Theetge, 100; Labbé, 101-102; Theetge, 103-141; Labbé, 142-143; Theetge, 144-148; Labbé, 149-150. (11 lead changes among 4 drivers)
Time of Race: 1:39:13 Margin of Victory: 0.112 seconds
Cautions: 7 (laps 1, 50, 75, 93, 98, 99, 141)
Heat Winners: Donald Theetge, Jonathan Bouvrette, Alex Labbé