DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West will head to Anderson, California’s, Shasta Speedway for the Bill Schmitt Memorial 150 presented by Lithia Toyota and NAPA Auto Parts on Saturday. Below is a statistical look at the recent performance of the series and selected drivers, as well as some other statistical trends.
Shasta Race Setup:
• The top three drivers in in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West are within nine points of each other headed into Shasta Speedway. Noah Gragson leads with 166 points, followed closely by Chris Eggleston with 162 points and Gracin Raz with 157 points.
• This is the first time the K&N West has been to the track since June 19, 1993 when Rick Carelli won the Holiday Quality Foods 200.
At Shasta Speedway:
• Shasta Speedway was built in the late 1940s as a dirt oval and was paved in 1972.
• Was reconfigured to .375-miles in 2005 from its original length of .25-miles.
• Shasta Speedway way held an annual NASCAR K&N Pro Series West event from 1976-79 and again from 1981-85. After 1985, the K&N West didn’t return to Shasta until June 13, 1992.
• Jim Robinson has recorded the most wins at the track, three, winning twice in 1978 and once in 1985.
• The most cautions in are race was eight in 1993, while events in 1976 and 1979 ran caution free.
• The most lead changes was six in 1992, while three races only had one lead change.
• The average starting position for the winner is 4.25 while the pole sitter has an average finish of 4.83.
• Chevrolet has gone to Victory Lane four times, while Pontiac and Oldsmobile have three wins and Buick and Ford have one.
Shasta Speedway Data
Race: #5 of 13
Track Layout: .375-mile paved oval
Race Length: 150 laps (56.25 miles)
Shasta Qualifying/Race Data
2014 Pole Winner: Race not held.
2014 Race Winner: Race not held.
1-Lap Qualifying Record: Bill Schmitt, Pontiac, 60.024 mph, April 20, 1978 (track was 1/4-mile).
Jim Robinson … 3
Jimmy Insolo … 2
Bill Schmitt … 2
Rick Carelli … 1
Derrike Cope … 1
Ron Eaton … 1
Bill Sedgwick … 1
Jim Walker … 1
Bill Schmitt … 5
Jim Bown … 2
Harry Goularte… 2
Rick Carelli … 1
Ron Eaton … 1
Jack Jeffery … 1
Ernie Stanley … 1
Bill Schmitt … 1774
Sumner McKnight … 1061
Pat Mintey … 1059
Jim Bown … 941
Jim Robinson … 939
Bill Schmitt … 469
Rick Carelli … 278
Jim Robinson … 237
Ron Eaton … 144
Selected Driver Highlights:
Nicole Behar (No. 33 Custom Welding & Fabrication, Inc. Ford)
• Is currently ranked sixth in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West championship standings after earning two top-five and three top-10 finishes.
• Became the highest finishing female in series history after her runner-up effort at Irwindale Speedway on April 11, 2015.
James Bickford (No. 6 Sunrise Ford/Interstate Plastics/Eibach Ford)
• Is ranked seventh in the K&N West standings after tallying one top-five and three top-10 finishes.
• Was the 2013 Sunoco Rookie of the Year in the K&N West.
Chris Eggleston (No. 99 NAPA Filters/H20 Fire Protection Toyota)
• Is ranked second in the series standings after registering one win, three top-five, four top-10 finishes.
Noah Gragson (No. 7 AlertID Ford)
• Is ranked first in the series standings after earning one win, three top fives and four top 10s.
David Mayhew (No. 17 MMI Racing/Ron’s Rear Ends/ Pour House Chevrolet)
• Is ranked fourth in the K&N West standings after recording two top fives and three top 10s.
Brandon McReynolds (No. 16 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota)
• Is ranked 10th in the series championship standings after registering one win and two top-ten finishes.
• Earned his first series win at Iowa Speedway on May 16, 2015.
Ryan Partridge (No. 9 Eibach Spring/Sunrise Ford/Lucas Oil Ford)
• Is ranked fifth in the series standings after tallying two top-five and three top-ten finishes.
Gracin Raz (No. 27 Trinity Energy Ford)
• Is ranked third in the standings after earning two top fives and four top 10s.
Alex Schutte (No. 21 Proficio Chevrolet)
• Is ranked eighth in the K&N West standings after recording three top-10 finishes.
Brett Thompson (No. 61 Rich Thompson Trucking/61 Logistics/BluLng.com Chevrolet)
• Is ranked ninth in the series standings after registering two top-10s.
Rodd Kneeland (No. 68 RoddRenovations.com Chevrolet) – Is making his NASCAR K&N Pro Series West season debut. In four series races his best finish was 11th at California’s All American Speedway on October 16, 2010.
Buddy Shepherd (No. 55 TBA Ford) – Is making his K&N Pro Series West debut with Jefferson Pitts Racing. He competed in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series last season where he earned Rookie of the Year honors at Kern County Raceway Park and the UNOH Youth Achievement Award.
Up To Speed:
• The 2015 season is the 62nd for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West.
• The 2015 schedule features 13 races at 11 different tracks across seven states.
• Shasta Speedway will be the fifth stop of 13 this season.
• Noah Gragson currently leads the series standings, followed by Chris Eggleston and Gracin Raz.
-NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications Press Release. Photo credit: Getty Images for NASCAR