HUMBOLDT, Kan.—The nation’s elite open-wheel dirt modified drivers will descend on the Humboldt Speedway in Humboldt, Kan., for the fifth straight year for the King of America V presented by Chix Gear on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, March 26-28.
Pre-entered drivers as of March 17:
1. 98 John Allen, Chanute, Kan.
2. 20 Trevor Anderson, Watertown, S.D.
3. 99 Josh Angst, Winona, Minn.
4. 10 Austin Arneson, Fargo, N.D.
5. 2 Casey Arneson, Fargo, N.D.
6. 71 Jim Body, Diamond, Mo.
7. 11s Scotty Bough, Nevada, Mo.
8. 2c Dave Cain, Corcoran, Minn.
9. 18 Tate Davenport, Vinton, Ky.
10. 50iii Brandon Davis, Medford, Minn.
11. 52 Chad Davis, Tulsa, Okla.
12. 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
13. 75g Jordan Grabouski, Beatrice, Neb.
14. 1K Pat Graham, Ames, Iowa
15. 19r Ryan Gustin, Marshalltown, Iowa
16. 05 Jake Hartung, Elmwood, Wis.
17. 22d Daniel Hilsabeck, Adel, Iowa
18. 71 Philip Houston, Odessa, Texas
19. 12 Jason Hughes, Watts, Okla.
20. 8h Dustin Hyde, Texarkana, Texas
21. 2 Grant Junghans, Manhattan, Kan.
22. 23k Ben Kates, Tonganoxie, Kan.
23. 12 Lucas Lee, Paris, Tenn.
24. 36m Logan Martin, West Plains, Mo.
25. X Chris Moore, Madison, S.D.
26. 42 Paul Niznik, Medford, Wis.
27. 14 Aaron Olson, Mekinock, N.D.
28. 9d8 Paden Phillips, Chanute, Kan.
29. 75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo.
30. 38c Jason Pursley , Hermitage, Mo.
31. 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla.
32. 23 Justin Rexwinkle, South Coffeyville, Okla.
33. 44 Jared Rogers, Tecumseh, Kan.
34. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas
35. 69 Lucas Schott, Chatfield, Minn.
36. 3 Kelly Shryock, Fertile, Iowa
37. 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa
38. 5 Shane Sprinkle, Andrews, Texas
39. 33z Zack VanderBeek, New Sharon, Iowa
40. 40 Jessy Willard, Mound, Kan.
Last month, the USMTS forged an agreement with MAVTV to televise five events that will be tape-delayed broadcast on the growing cable network. The series of shows will begin with the upcoming King of America V, and bring the USMTS and its competitors to a national television audience while also giving our sponsors and those of the drivers some invaluable exposure.
The winner of Saturday’s 100-lap main event will earn $10,000 while every driver making the big dance will pocket no less than $1,000 to start the race.
Each driver will run four heat races from four different starting positions—two on Thursday and two on Friday. Passing points will be combined for each driver using the best three of four heat races, and the top 12 drivers in overall combined points from Thursday and Friday are locked into the first six rows of Saturday’s “A” Main.
Also on Thursday and Friday, the top 16 points-earners each night will run a 20-lap feature with $1,000 up for grabs to the winner.
In addition to the USMTS Modifieds, the Holley Iron Man Series featuring USRA B-Mods will run a complete show of heat races and main events all three days. Thursday’s winners gets $500, Friday’s winner gets $2,000 and Saturday’s winner goes home with $1,000. An entry form for USRA B-Mods is available on the USRA website at www.usraracing.com or by calling the USRA offices at 515-832-6000.
Two-time and defending USMTS National Champion Rodney Sanders of Happy, Texas, is the defending King of America. Marshalltown, Iowa’s Ryan Gustin, who captured the USMTS title in 2011-12, won the 2013 event and Stormy Scott of Las Cruces, N.M., won the event in 2012. Nine-time USMTS National Champion Kelly Shryock won the inaugural race in 2011.
There will be an open practice for all drivers on Wednesday from 6-9 p.m. Admission to the grandstands is free. Pit passes are $20.
Three-day reserved seat tickets are on sale now. Three-day reserved tickets are $55. All other seats will be sold on the day of the race. Call 515-832-7944 to order now.
The Humboldt Speedway is a located 0.1 mile west of US 169 at the Humboldt Exit, then 0.5 mile south, then 0.9 mile east on Georgia Rd. For more information call 620-431-2470 or visit www.humboldtspeedway.com. For camping, ATV and/or golf cart permits call 620-473-3694.
To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usmts, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usmts or subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/usmtstv.
-USMTS Press Release. Photo Credit: Mike Spivey