If you were a NASCAR team owner, which young prospect would you want behind the wheel of your race car?
That’s the question we’re asking short track racing fans worldwide as we continue preparations for the 2018 Short Track Draft presented by PFC Brakes on Speed51.com.
The fan vote for this year’s Short Track Draft is now open on the Speed51.com Five Star Race Car Bodies Facebook Feed. Fans will have the chance to vote once each day for the number-one prospect that they would want on their team.
Instead of picking your favorite driver or family member, your job is to pick the driver who you would want behind the wheel of a race car on your driver development team.
The rules for the 2018 Draft is as follows:
- The driver you choose must be 25 years of age or younger as of April 1, 2018.
- The driver may not have more than 10 scheduled starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series, or Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
- The driver must maintain rookie status for all three of NASCAR’s top-three national touring series.
- The driver cannot be last year’s number-one pick, Todd Gilliland.
- If the driver you choose meets all of those requirements, all you have to do is place a comment with that driver’s name in an official Short Track Draft fan vote Facebook post that will be pinned to the top of our Facebook page.
Fans can vote once per day and voting will end at midnight Eastern time on April 18th.
In addition to voting on Facebook, fans can also use the hashtag #51Draft with their vote once per day. Any person caught casting more than one vote each day will have all of their votes removed from this year’s fan vote.
In the end, the driver with the most votes will be awarded a first-place vote towards this year’s Short Track Draft presented by PFC Brakes. The driver with the second most votes will be awarded a second-place vote and so on.
The winner of the fan vote will be announced on Tuesday, April 24th. The first overall pick in the 2018 Short Track Draft presented by PFC Brakes will be announced at 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 26th.
-Text by Speed51 Staff