MONROE, WASH. – Todd Gilliland dominated the field in the NAPA Auto Parts 150 presented by Toyota to earn his fifth victory of the season and his sixth NASCAR K&N Pro Series West win overall.
The 16-year-old Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, NASCAR Next driver led the field to green after winning the 21 Means Pole Award earlier in the day. He paced the field throughout the race to lead all 150 laps at Washington’s Evergreen Speedway.
The big battle came from Gilliland’s Bill McAnally Racing teammates Chris Eggleston and Riley Herbst for the runner-up spot, with Eggleston securing the spot with a pass on the backstretch with 44 laps to go.
With his win, Gilliland now has a 12 point lead over Partridge in the series championship points standings.
Gilliland joins his grandfather, Butch Gilliland, and his father, David Gilliland, on the winners list at the .646-mile oval.
Gracin Raz and Ryan Partridge rounded out the top five. While Cole Rouse, Blaine Perkins, Julia Landauer, Nicole Behar and Cole Moore completed the top 10.
The NAPA Auto Parts 150 presented by Toyota will air on NBCSN Thursday, Aug. 25 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.
The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West will be back in action Saturday, Aug. 27 at Oregon’s Douglas County Speedway.
A full on-demand recap is available at Speed51's Trackside Now.
-NASCAR Home Tracks Press Release
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST-NAPA AUTO PARTS "150" Results
At Evergreen Speedway
Lap length: 0.646 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
- (1) Todd Gilliland, Sherrils Ford, N.C., Toyota, 150 laps, 65.658 mph.
- (2) Chris Eggleston, Erie, Colo., Toyota, 150.
- (7) Riley Herbst, Las Vegas, Nev., Toyota, 150.
- (8) Gracin Raz, Lake Oswego, Ore., Ford, 150.
- (5) Ryan Partridge, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Ford, 150.
- (13) Cole Rouse, Fort Smith, Ark., Ford, 150.
- (3) Blaine Perkins, Bakersfield, Calif., Chevrolet, 150.
- (10) Julia Landauer, New York, N.Y., Toyota, 150.
- (9) Nicole Behar, Spokane, WA, Toyota, 150.
- (12) Cole Moore, Granite Bay, Calif., Toyota, 150.
- (14) Braeden Havens, Spokane, Wash., Chevrolet, 149.
- (11) Ron Norman, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 149.
- (15) Bill Kann, Scottsdale, Ariz., Toyota, 149.
- (21) Will Rodgers, Murrieta, Calif., Toyota, 148.
- (19) Jesse Iwuji, Dallas, Texas, Toyota, 148.
- (4) Noah Gragson, Las Vegas, NV, Ford, 147.
- (16) Rich DeLong III, Santa Clarita, Calif., Chevrolet, 145.
- (6) Garret Archer, Maple Valey, Wash, Ford, 125, suspension.
- (20) Dan Phillippi, Los Angeles, Calif., Toyota, 118, vibration.
- (18) Takuma Koga, Nagoya, Japan, Chevrolet, 48, accident.
- (22) Salvatore Iovino, Los Angeles, Calif., Chevrolet, 22, oil leak.
- (17) Jack Chisholm, Cranbrook, B.C., Ford, 14, overheating.
Time of Race: 1 hour 28 minutes 33 seconds
Margin of Victory: 1.012 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: T.Gilliland * (100.776 mph, 23.077 seconds)
Caution Flags: 6 for 29 laps.
Lead Changes: 0 among 1 drivers.
Lap Leaders: T. Gilliland 1-150.
Standings: 1. T. Gilliland, 384; 2. R. Partridge, 372; 3. C. Eggleston, 353; 4. G. Raz,
343; 5. N. Gragson, 340; 6. R. Herbst, 332; 7. C. Rouse, 330; 8. J. Landauer, 330; 9. B.
Perkins, 294; 10. R. Norman, 290.