SEEKONK, MA – The North East Street Stock Tour will travel to Seekonk Speedway for the upstart tour’s inaugural championship event, presented by Greystone Social Club, May 30. The opening event for the North East Street Stock Tour at Seekonk takes place exactly 69 years after the doors first opened at the track. The following is a closer look at notes and numbers of the new North East Street Stock Tour at Seekonk Speedway.
SEEKONK SPEEDWAY NOTES:
D. Anthony Venditti, “The Godfather of New England Auto Racing,” began construction of Seekonk Speedway in 1945. On May 30, 1946, the gates were opened for the first time. D. Anthony owned, operated, and promoted the Speedway, until his death in 1991. His wife Irene also operated the Speedway until her death in 2014. Their son Francis, and grandson, David, continue the tradition of operating the track to this day. Seekonk Speedway has been family owned, operated, and promoted since the inception of the facility.
LENGTH: 1/3 mile
BANKING: 7 degrees
STRAIGHTAWAYS: 420 feet
RACE LENGTH: 40 laps
EVENT HASHTAG: #NESST
TOTAL PURSE (including halfway bonus): $3495
WINNER’S TAKE: $750
24th PLACE: $60
HALFWAY LEADER BONUS (presented by Dur-A-Flex): $100
#73 Larry Barnett
– Career wins leader at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (56).
– Four-time Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park champion, including winning consecutively in 2009-2010.
– Finished second in the non-championship points exhibition event at Lee USA Speedway.
#33 Geoff Rollins
– Second-generation driver, can be easily recognized from having orange on his race car.
– Raced at Lee, Monadnock Speedway, Hudson International Speedway, and Star Speedway in 2014, in everything from a Hobby Stock to a Pro Stock.
#79 Patrick Tanguay
– Champion at Lee USA Speedway in the Hobby Stocks in 2014.
– Finished with two wins, eleven top 5’s, and fourteen top 10’s in fourteen starts, with an average feature finish of 3.69.
– Finished fifth in the non-championship points exhibition at Lee USA Speedway.
#14ME David Brannon
– In 2014, picked up a feature win at Oxford Plains Speedway, in five starts.
– In five starts at Oxford Plains Speedway, finished in the top 5 four times in 2014.
#26 Corey Morgan
– In nine starts at Oxford Plains Speedway, carried the checkered flag three times in 2014.
– Along with three victories, picked up five top 5’s and six top 10’s in nine starts at Oxford Plains Speedway in 2014.
#39 Chris Douton
– Won the non-championship points event at Lee USA Speedway, May 17.
– Former Strictly Stock champion at New London-Waterford Speedbowl (1997, 1999).
– Former Strictly Stock champion at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (2011).
– Has one win, and two top 3’s in two starts at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park in 2015.
#51 Bryan Town
– Earned nine victories between Twin State Speedway and Monadnock Speedway, combined, in 2014.
– Former Street Stock champion at Twin State Speedway (2007).
– Rookie of the Year in the Late Model division at Devil’s Bowl Speedway, finishing third in points in 2012.
#19 Ryan Lineham
– Ran Pro Stocks last year at Seekonk Speedway, picking up a win, four top 5’s, and nine top 10’s in fifteen starts, including a win May 23.
– Began racing in the Street Stock division, and won the Street Stock division title in 2009, at Seekonk Speedway.
#2 Jim Boyle
– 2012 Super X Car champion at New London-Waterford Speedbowl.
– Finished fourth in the non-championship points event at Lee USA Speedway, May 17.
– Involved in charity off the track, supporting the fight against autism, and participating in a Walk for Autism at Rentschler Field (CT).
#74 Joe Arena
– Finished third in the non-championship points event at Lee USA Speedway, May 17.
– Finished second in the championship standings in 2009 at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, to Larry Barnett.
#99 John Hanafin
– Was the Phil’s Propane Triple Crown Series Champion in the Street Stock division in 2014.
– Ran six races at Seekonk Speedway in the Street Stock division in 2014, averaging a 7.5 feature finish, with 25 laps led.
#38 Steve Kenneway
– Ran full-time at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park in 2014, finishing second in the standings, with three top 5’s, and nine top 10’s.
For more information on the North East Street Stock Tour, visit www.nestreetstocktour.com.
-North East Street Stock Tour Press Release. Photo credit: Speed51.com