WILLMAR, Minn.-The mud-slinging modifieds of the USMTS Casey’s Cup powered by S&S Fishing & Rental will kick off a whirlwind month of June this Wednesday with the first of 13 blockbuster events over the course of 18 days.
The party gets started this Wednesday, June 10, when the KRA Speedway in Willmar, Minn., hosts the United States Modified Touring Series for the first time in the 17-year history of the series for the first of five straight shows in the Farm Boy BBQ Sauce Northern Region presented by Day Motor Sports.
While the winner of the USMTS main event will pocket a cool $3,000, an anonymous sponsor has put up $600 in extra bonus money to the three highest-finishing WISSOTA Modifieds.
The highest-finishing WISSOTA Modified driver will get an extra $300, the second highest $200 and the third highest will earn a $100 bonus.
To be eligible for the bonus money, the race car must be completely legal under WISSOTA Modified rules, and the driver must possess a WISSOTA license and have raced in two or fewer USMTS shows in 2015.
Also on the racing card will be WISSOTA Midwest Mods ($400 to win) and WISSOTA Street Stocks ($300 to win). Event sponsors include Marthaler Chevrolet, Kent’s Auto Body, Kandi Koating, JV Excavating, ThermoSeal Insulation and & Uncommon USA.
Racing starts at 7 p.m. on Wednesday. Spectator tickets are $20 and pit passes are $35. On race day, fans can grab discount coupons good for $2 off an adult admission at Casey’s General Stores locations in Atwater, Cosmos and Willmar. To find the location nearest you, visit www.caseys.com.
The KRA Speedway is a semi-banked 3/8-mile yellow clay oval located off north of Willmar, Minn., on US 71, the 0.3 mile west on Ella Ave. NW, then 0.5 mile north on 7th St. NW (at the Kandiyohi County Fairgrounds). For more information call 320-212-8503 or check them out online at www.kraspeedway.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/KraSpeedway.
From there, the tireless USMTS touring titans embark on another first-time visit as they head to the Viking Speedway in Alexandria, Minn.-the high-flying half-mile touted as the fastest dirt track in Minnesota-on Thursday, June 11.
The USMTS “A” Main pays $3,000 to win for the inaugural event presented by Allstate Peterbilt Group. Bonus money is up for grabs for the top three WISSOTA finishers earning an extra $250, $150 and $100, respectively.
The pits open at 4 p.m., grandstands open at 5 and racing starts at 7 p.m.. Adult grandstand tickets are $20, kids ages 6-15 are $10 and children ages 5 and under get in for free. Pit passes are $35.
On race day, fans can grab discount coupons good for $2 off an adult admission at Casey’s General Stores locations in Alexandria, Glenwood, Long Prairie and Sauk Centre. To find the location nearest you, visit www.caseys.com.
Support classes include Pure Stocks, Street Stocks and Midwest Mods (no track points).
The Viking Speedway is a semi-banked 1/2-mile clay oval located I-94 to exit 103, then 1.0 mile north on SR 29, then 0.8 mile west on CR 82 (at the Douglas County Fairgrounds). For more information call 320-762-1559 or visit www.vikingspeedway.net online. You can also find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/vikingspeedway and Twitter (@VikingSpeedway).
The USMTS masters of mud-slinging polish off the Farm Boy BBQ Sauce Northern Region swing for two nights at the Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, Wis., as the legendary speedplant hosts the 17th Annual Masters, which also features UMP Late Models both days.
Grandstands open at 5 p.m. on Friday and 4 p.m. on Saturday. Race time is 7 p.m. both nights. Ticket prices are $25 on Friday and $30 on Saturday. Kids ages 6-16 are half price and children ages 5 and under are free.
The Cedar Lake Speedway is a high-banked 3/8-mile clay oval located 1.0 mile east of SR 35 on SR 64 (in Somerset), then 4.2 miles north on CR C to CR CC, then left 1.8 miles. For more information call 715-248-7119 or check out www.cedarlakespeedway.com online.
13th Annual Stars & Stripes Shootout-which was rained out Memorial Day Weekend at the Upper Iowa Speedway-will take place at the Cresco Speedway in Cresco, Iowa, on Sunday, June 14.
The event will also put the spotlight on the Holley Iron Man Series featuring USRA Stock Cars and USRA B-Mods plus USRA Hobby Stocks will also be in action at the mighty Howard County Fairgrounds.
Hot laps start at 6 p.m. with racing to follow.
The Cresco Speedway is a high-banked 4/10-mile clay oval located 0.2 miles north of SR 9 on SW 7th (at the Howard County Fairgrounds). For more information call 563-547-3400.
After a three-day rest, action heats back up on Wednesday and Thursday, June 17-18, for a pair of MSD Central Region shoot-outs at the Valley Speedway in Grain Valley, Mo., and C. Ray Hall’s 81 Speedway located just outside of Wichita, Kan.
The annual USMTS Southern Speedweek commences on Friday, June 19, at the new Red River Speedway in Wichita Falls, Texas, for the first of seven events in nine days in the highly-competitive Double H Bands Southern Region.
With trips to the Route 66 Motor Speedway in Amarillo, Texas, on June 22; Heart O’ Texas Speedway near Waco, Texas, on June 23; Devil’s Bowl Speedway in Mesquite, Texas, on June 24; Mountain Creek Speedway in Grand Prairie, Texas, on June 25; and Southern Oklahoma Speedway in Ardmore, Okla., on June 26; the swing through the south wraps up on Saturday, June 27, at the historic Lawton Speedway in Lawton, Okla.
Nearly $40,000 has been earmarked for the winners from an overall purse of more than $250,000 for events during the month of June.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Wed Jun 10 … KRA Speedway, Willmar, Minn. [N]
Thu Jun 11 … Viking Speedway, Alexandria, Minn. [N]
Fri Jun 12 … Cedar Lake Speedway, New Richmond, Wis. [N]
Sat Jun 13 … Cedar Lake Speedway, New Richmond, Wis. [N]
Wed Jun 17 … Valley Speedway, Grain Valley, Mo. [C]
Thu Jun 18 … 81 Speedway, Park City, Kan. [C]
Fri Jun 19 … Red River Speedway, Wichita Falls, Texas [S]
Sat Jun 20 … Route 66 Motor Speedway, Amarillo, Texas [S]
Tue Jun 23 … Heart O’ Texas Speedway, Elm Mott, Texas [S]
Wed Jun 24 … Devil’s Bowl Speedway, Mesquite, Texas [S]
Thu Jun 25 … Mountain Creek Speedway, Grand Prairie, Texas [S]
Fri Jun 26 … Southern Oklahoma Speedway, Ardmore, Okla. [S]
Sat Jun 27 … Lawton Speedway, Lawton, Okla. [S]
[C] = MSD Central Region presented by Day Motor Sports
[N] = Farm Boy BBQ Sauce Northern Region presented by Day Motor Sports
[S] = Double H Bands Southern Region presented by Day Motor Sports
Farm Boy BBQ Sauce Northern Region presented by Day Motor Sports:
1. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas … 388 (2 wins)
2. 60 Dan Ebert, Lake Shore, Minn. … 309
3. IOU1 Brent Larson, Lake Elmo, Minn. … 309
4. 2s Stormy Scott, Las Cruces, N.M. … 292 (1 win)
5. 33z Zack VanderBeek, New Sharon, Iowa … 290
6. 2 Casey Arneson, Fargo, N.D. … 282
7. 7x Jesse Glenz, Cadott, Wis. … 281
8. 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa … 265
9. 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla. … 264
10. V2 Joey Jensen, Harris, Minn. … 250
24 Brad Waits, Rochester, Minn. (1 win)
MSD Central Region presented by Day Motor Sports:
1. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas … 435
2. 97 Cade Dillard, Robeline, La. … 423 (1 win)
3. 2s Stormy Scott, Las Cruces, N.M. … 405 (1 win)
4. 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa … 369 (1 win)
5. 3 Kelly Shryock, Fertile, Iowa … 366
6. 2 Grant Junghans, Manhattan, Kan. … 364
7. 2 Casey Arneson, Fargo, N.D. … 352
8. 19r Ryan Gustin, Marshalltown, Iowa … 345 (1 win)
9. 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla. … 333
10. 12 Jason Hughes, Watts, Okla. … 309
75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo. (1 win)
Double H Bands Southern Region presented by Day Motor Sports:
1. 1st Johnny Scott, Las Cruces, N.M. … 103 (1 win)
2. 2 Grant Junghans, Manhattan, Kan. … 95
3. 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla. … 91
4. 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa … 87
5. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas … 84
6. 2s Stormy Scott, Las Cruces, N.M. … 81
7. 71 Philip Houston, Odessa, Texas … 78
8. 5t Randy Timms, Wheatland, Okla. … 76
9. 97 Cade Dillard, Robeline, La. … 74
10. 34 Mickey Lassiter, Piedmont, Okla. … 72
USMTS Rookie of the Year:
1. 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa … 1564
2. 2 Casey Arneson, Fargo, N.D. … 1341
3. 23k Ben Kates, Tonganoxie, Kan. … 1204
4. 10 Austin Arneson, Fargo, N.D. … 1073
5. 38 Ronnie Gould III, Seminole, Okla. … 721
COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Year:
1. Geddes Racing Engines, Colorado Springs, Colo. … 153 (5 wins)
2. Mullins Race Engines, Mt. Olive, Ill. … 139 (5 wins)
3. Sput’s Racing Engines, Owatonna, Minn. … 132 (1 win)
4. Durham Racing Engines, High Point, N.C. … 129 (4 wins)
5. Cornett Race Engines, Somerset, Ky. … 103 (2 wins)
Panhandle Performance Engines, Amarillo, Texas (1 win)
Pro Power Racing, Sullivan, Wis. (2 wins)
Baier’s Engine Service, Rochester, Minn. (1 win)
USMTS Manufacturers Championship:
1. LG2 Race Cars, Newport, Tenn. … 183 (6 wins)
2. MB Customs, Menomonie, Wis. … 178 (7 wins)
3. GRT Race Cars, Greenbrier, Ark. … 160 (5 wins)
4. Hughes Racing Chassis, Watts, Okla. … 155 (3 wins)
5. Hilsabeck Chassis, Adel, Iowa … 61
USMTS Hard Charger:
1. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas … 32
2. 22d Daniel Hilsabeck, Adel, Iowa … 27
3. 12 Jason Hughes, Watts, Okla. … 25
4. 3 Kelly Shryock, Fertile, Iowa … 18
5. 10 Austin Arneson, Fargo, N.D. … 16
Sybesma Graphics Pole Award:
1. 1st Johnny Scott, Las Cruces, N.M. … 185.5
2. 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla. … 135.0
3. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas … 127.0
4. 75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo. … 125.0
5. 111 Bumper Jones, Mesilla Park, N.M. … 68.0
5. IOU1 Brent Larson, Lake Elmo, Minn. … 68.0
USMTS “A” Main Lap Leaders:
1. 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla. … 123
2. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas … 105
3. 19r Ryan Gustin, Marshalltown, Iowa … 103
4. 10 Austin Arneson, Fargo, N.D. … 93
5. 2s Stormy Scott, Las Cruces, N.M. … 71
To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usmts, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usmts or subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/usmtstv.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
USMTS OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, Casey’s General Stores, Chix Gear Racewear, COMP Cams, Day Motor Sports, Deatherage Opticians, Farm Boy BBQ Sauce, Fast Shafts, Intercomp, KEVKO Oil Pans & Components, Malvern Trust & Savings Bank, MSD, Nitroquest Media Group, RACEceiver, RacinDirt.com, S&S Fishing & Rental, VP Racing Fuels.
USMTS PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Arizona Sport Shirts, ASi Racewear, BRODIX Cylinder Heads, Double H Bands, Duvall Electric, ElbowsUp.com, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Olympic Fire Protection, Rivers Edge Scrap Management, Schwab’s Tinker Shop, UMotors Motorsports & Marine, Velocita-USA.
USMTS CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AERO Race Wheels, AFCO Racing Products, Allstar Performance, Bell Racing Helmets, Beyea Custom Headers, BSB Manufacturing, CPD Racing Tools, Crane Cams, Driven Racing Oil, Edelbrock, Eibach Springs, FK Rod Ends, Forty9 Designs, Fuel Safe, Genesis Racing Shocks, GRT Race Cars, Holley Performance, Hooker Custom Harness, JRi Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, KSE Racing Products, Marsh Racing Wheels, Midwest Sheet Metal, PBM Performance Products, QA1 Precision Products, Quarter Master, R2C Performance, Real Racing Wheels, Simpson Performance Products, Sybesma Graphics, Tilton Engineering, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wilwood Disc Brakes.
— Series release