COEBURN, Va. – Chad Finchum has been no stranger to victory lane at Lonesome Pine Raceway this season. And Saturday was no different, as Finchum racked up his sixth win at Lonesome Pine and ninth overall for the season.
Kres VanDyke started on point for 75 laps of Late Model action.
VanDyke and Blevins battled door-to-door through lap 12 when VanDyke was able to clear the No. 97 for the top spot. While VanDyke had gained a comfortable lead, Finchum began working on Blevins for second-place.
Blevins and Finchum would make contact on lap 16, allowing Finchum to pass and move into second-place.
The caution would wave on lap 50 for debris in Turn 3. On the restart, VanDyke and Finchum would battle it out. Finchum would take over the lead, but VanDyke would continue to race back on the inside.
Finchum would hold on to the lead for his sixth win of the season over VanDyke and Stiltner.
Kirby Gobble qualified on pole for the Street Stock feature.
Gobble would pull to the lead over Austin. Gobble dominated all 30 laps to claim his fifth win of the season.
Yates and Gobble made up the front row for the Mod-4 race.
Yates and Gobble would tangle entering Turn 1, sending both cars spinning and bringing out the yellow flag.
Set for a complete restart, Brown had inherited the lead. With the green flag waving, Brown would take over the lead and never relinquish to score the win.
Jason Ketron took his No. 28 machine to the lead over Billy Ketron on the first circuit of the Pure-4 division feature. Billy Ketron would dive to the inside to take over the lead on lap 17.
Jason Ketron would battle back on the outside, while John Ketron made his way up to third-place. Jason would take back over the lead four laps later.
Not to be denied, Billy Ketron would race back to the inside coming to the white flag. The two raced side-by-side exiting Turn 4 on the final lap. Billy would cross the finish line by only inches over second-place.
Jackson Austin the lead over Craig Phelps on the first lap of the Rookie Pure-4 race. Trouble on the frontstretch, as Clendenin and Austin made contact racing for the lead, sending Clendenin spinning and Austin to the pits.
Back under green, Clendenin would shuffle his way through the field from the rear to take over the lead on lap nine.
The caution would wave again on lap 10, when the No. 44 spun in Turn 4. On the restart, Clendenin would again take the lead and hold on for the remaining five laps to claim the win.
Brad Ball pulled to the lead early in the Pure Street race.
Trouble in Turn 4 as Ratliff spun around, bringing out to caution on lap 10. Ball and Bare made up the front row on the restart. Side-by-side, the two raced off of the fourth turn coming to the checkered. Ball would cross the line by eight-one-thousandths of a second over Bare.
Aaron Ratliff won the Iron Warrior portion of the Pure Street and Iron Warriors combined race.
June 21 Results:
1. 19 Chad Finchum
2. 15 Kres VanDyke
3. 22 Ryan Stiltner
4. 97 Brian Blevins
5. 17 Kevin Wolfe
6. 37 Adam Gray
7. 60 Justin Fontaine
8. 55 Phil Harris
9. 75 Jenna Wagner
10. 34 Terry Stone
11. Sam Steffey
1. #3 Kirby Gobble; 2. #25 Rob Austin; 3. #6 Chris Tunnell; 4. #16 Freddie Taylor, Jr.; 5. #21 Jeff Williams; 6. #11r Sam Hurd; 7. #23 Joey Sykes; 8. #16 Duff; 9. #11b, Jamie Meadows
1. #13 David Brown; 2. #88 Joshua Gobble; 3. #3 Rocky Yates; 4. #10 Brad Ball; 5. #2 Billy Duty; 6. #36 Evan Sheets; 7. #22 Brain Hunt; 8. #7 Dennis Arnold
1. #27 Billy Ketron; 2. #28 Jason Ketron; 3. #26 John Ketron; 4. #66 Tim Abelseth; 5. #00 Jon Pittman; 6. #16 Jackie Jackson; 7. #94 Mitch Gibson; 8. #57 David Trent; 9. #44 B.C. Penley; 10. #17 Tracy Bailey; 11. #88 Dan Hall; 12. #06 Bill Livesay; 13. #27 Mark Meade; 14. #8 Barry Meade; 15. #14 Jonathan Feagins; 16. #2 Kenneth Street
1. #94 Rusty Clendenin; 2. #25 James Deese; 3. #00 Craig Phelps; 4. #44 Marty Shouse;
5. #16 Michael Nelson; 6. 5 B.J. Large; 7. #01 Jack Clevenger; 8. #8 Alisha Meade; 9. #06 William Jones; 10. #88 James Gailey; 11. #11 Jackson Austin
1. #17 Brad Ball; 2. #52 Duke Bare; 3. #13 Nasty Jones; 4. #33 Iggy Greer; 5. #8 Dave Johnson;
6. #9 Rusty Ratliff
1. #12 Aaron Ratliff; 2. #97 Elvis McCoy