*iOS (iPhone/iPad) may need you to press play while device is in landscape (sideways) mode. Once stream starts, device can be returned to portrait (vertical) mode. *
*Please make sure you see the words “LIVE” in the top left of the video player. If you don’t, please click the live button on the bottom left of the player.*
*Some videos may still be processing following the completion of a broadcast*
CLICK HERE FOR TERMS & CONDITIONS and COMPUTER/DEVICE REQUIREMENTS
ALL CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN THE SPEED51 NETWORK AND/OR PAY-PER-VIEW STREAMS IS THE PROPERTY OF SPEED51. PURCHASING OF MONTHLY MEMBERSHIPS OR PAY-PER-VIEW BROADCAST TICKETS IS FOR PERSONAL VIEWERSHIP ONLY. PAY-PER-VIEW TICKETS AND NETWORK SUBSCRIPTIONS MAY BE REVOKED AT ANYTIME FOR VIOLATING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, WITHOUT REFUND OR RETURN OF ANY MONEIS COLLECTED. ANY UNAUTHORIZED SHARING, STREAMING, COPYING OR OTHERWISE DISTRIBUTING PAID CONTENT (PAY-PER-VIEW OR NETWORK VIDEOS) IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL RESULT IN THE USERS RIGHT TO VIEW SUCH CONTENT BEING TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY. THERE WILL BE NO REFUND OF ANY KIND FOR VIOLATIONS TO THIS POLICY. – Computer: 2.33GHz Dual Core processor with 512MB of RAM and 64MB of graphics memory – Operating System: Windows 7 or higher OR Apple Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6) or higher – Adobe Flash: Minimum 11.1, recommend the latest. Check for latest Flash version here – Broadband Internet Connection: We recommend downstream bandwidth of at least 15.0 Mbps for a smooth playback experience. Test your downstream bandwidth at www.speedtest.net. Once there, click on the Begin Test button. – iPad, iPhone: Minimum iOS 5.0 or higher with WiFi or 4G LTE connection, 3G signal not strong enough to stream smoothly. – Android: Recommend 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher, must be minimum 2.3 (Gingerbread) with WiFi or 4G LTE connection, 3G signal not strong enough to stream smoothly. – Smart TV: Most Smart TVs are NOT compatible with broadcast. Speed51 does NOT offer tech support for Smart TVs due to the large number of different brands/models/equipment. – Browser: Latest version of your web browser, we recommend Firefox or Chrome. (DVR function is not currently available for Safari.) Get Firefox Get Chrome Get Safari FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS 1. What speed Internet Connection do I need to have? 2. What Browsers and/or devices are supported for Live Video and On-Demand Event Replays? 3. Why am I getting a 404 Error or Spinning Wheel with the 51 TV logo behind it? 4. What do I do if the video is choppy, not smooth or buffering? 5. What computer requirements do I need? 6. What do I do if my audio is not working? 7. What if there is a rain-out for a Live PPV Broadcast? 8. What does a blank black box or a “no playable sources” error mean?
1. What speed Internet connection do I need to have?
1. What speed Internet connection do I need to have?
- You CANNOT view any LIVE PPV broadcasts on Dial-Up. You need a Cable, DSL, Fiber, T1 or High Speed Satellite* connection.
- Mobile (cell) connection needs a solid 4G LTE signal. Video will likely buffer on a 3G connection. Bouncing between 3G and 4G will cause video playback issues as well
- We recommend a constant 15.0 Mbps download speed minimum connection on your end.
- To test your home connection speed, please use one of the following sites: SpeedTest or SpeakEasy. Speed tests should be conducted multiple times to ensure an average reading.
- Browsers: Firefox, Chrome are preferred. Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer (IE 8 or higher) also acceptable. DVR function does not work in Safari.
- Mobile: All iOS devices including iPhones and iPads + all Android devices including phones and tablets.
- Not Formally Supported (but should work and has for most): Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Wii, Playstation and similar systems. Though we know of many who use these systems with success to watch our video, we do not offer support for these systems because their Flash plugins are not always the same as main browsers (Firefox, etc) or might be a few versions behind, thus not providing the most up-to-date experience possible. Use these systems at your own risk.
- Smart TV: Most Smart TVs are NOT compatible with Speed51’s live streaming technology.
- Make sure you have enough down speed bandwidth with your home/office Internet provider. Minimum requirement is 5.0 Mbps (5000 Kbps).
- If you are unsure of your Internet connection speed, please refer to Item 1 on this page for ways to test your speed.
- If you are sure of what your Internet Speed package is with your provider, Test your speed anyway (see Item 1 on this page) and make sure your connection is still strong and that there is not any outages/interruptions with your local service provider.
- WiFi connections can sometimes cause this as they are not as reliable as a hard line (Ethernet) connection and will experience more fluctuation in speed over a period of time.
- Any other users/computers on the same Internet connection can draw speed away from your broadcast. Especially if another user is streaming video, downloading files or music, etc.
- Try to Refresh/Reload the page by forcing it to go out to the server to bring the page back in (not cached). Do this by holding the Shift key and clicking the Refresh/Reload button in your browser.
- Clear browser cache, close down your browser, re-launch the browser, re-login to Speed51.com and try the video again.
- Try another browser. Internet Explorer (IE) has always been the browser that is behind and seems to need to most support, not just for live video, EVERYTHING. So we recommend Firefox and Chrome over IE, but with that said, our video has been tested in ALL browsers including iOS and Andriod devices.
- Speed51.com and Speed51 TV are not liable for a subpar streaming experience due to slow internet speeds and/or user-end internet issues.
- Smooth video playback requires minimum Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent with latest version of Flash. Minimum 64mb video RAM suggested.
- We recommend the latest version of Flash, but the video will stream fine on Flash version 10.5 or higher.
- Full screen viewing provides a nice experience but require more computer processing power. Intel Dual Core or equivalent suggested for smooth full screen playback.
- Non-Intel Macintosh Computers and First generation Netbook computers using Atom processors may have insufficient processing power to view even our Base Player smoothly.
- 1st basic step, make sure your speakers are turned on and make sure the volume is up.
- Test your computer’s audio by playing another audio file, like a music file.
- Check/Test your sound by going to Start –> Control Panel –> Sounds and Audio Devices. Under the Volume tab make sure Mute is not checked and that the volume scroll is somewhere in the middle. Test a sound by clicking on the Sounds tab then choosing a sound file like Default Beep and click the play arrow below.
- If you are connecting your computer to a TV, make sure you have the audio cables connected and run properly to the right inputs.
- Clear browser cache and then close down your browser completely. Then re-launch the browser, re-login to Speed51.com and try the Live TV Events video page again and see if audio has now kicked in.