WEST HAVEN, VT – Devil’s Bowl Speedway has released an exciting new 19-event stock car racing schedule for its 49th season in 2015, providing something for fans of all types of action. From May to early October, 14 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series events will be contested on the half-mile asphalt oval with an expanded five-event slate on the new one-third-mile clay surface on The Dirt Track at Devil’s Bowl.
The racing calendar was built with the changing schedules and budgets of race fans, families, and teams in mind, and works hand-in-hand with sister track Airborne Park Speedway in Plattsburgh, NY as well as other area raceways. Devil’s Bowl and Airborne will run on alternating Saturday nights in the spring before regular Fridaynight racing begins after many of the area’s high schools conduct graduation ceremonies.
The NASCAR Whelen All-American Series season opens with a bang on Saturday night, May 9 as the headline Bond Auto Parts Modified division runs a 100-lap race with the Late Model, Renegade, and Mini Stock classes also in action. The Renegades take their turn at center stage on Saturday, May 23, running their first-ever 100-lap race at Devil’s Bowl.
June comes in like a lion with a big weekend on June 6-7. The American-Canadian Tour Late Models return for their first-ever under-the-lights race at Devil’s Bowl on Saturday night, June 6, with the People’s United Bank 100. On Sunday, June 7, The Dirt Track at Devil’s Bowl opens for an afternoon special with Sportsman Modifieds, Renegades, and Mini Stocks slinging mud and flying sideways through the turns.
Weekly Friday night asphalt racing fires up on June 19 with twin Modified features and a special appearance by the New England Antique Racers. Independence Day weekend is jam-packed with the annual Coca-Cola Firecracker special on the asphalt on Friday, July 3 and the Sprint Cars of New England tour invading The Dirt Track on Sunday, July 5. Both events will feature extra-distance racing and holiday fireworks.
The double-points Rutland Herald Mid-Season Championships will be held on the asphalt on Friday, July 10 before the track goes dark for the annual mid-summer break. Weekly Friday night racing returns on July 24 as the open-wheel Valenti Modified Racing Series makes its first Devil’s Bowl appearance with “drivers who live by the grace of God and 600 horsepower.” Late-summer highlights also include C.J. Richards Memorial Weekend events on Friday, August 7 (asphalt) and Sunday, August 9 (dirt), and the annual Sugar & Spice Restaurant “Double Stack” Night on the asphalt on Friday, August 28.
As fall approaches, the annual Vermont 200 Weekend crowns champions in all four NASCAR Whelen All-American Series asphalt divisions, with qualifying and the region’s biggest racing party on Saturday, September 12. Main events include a 100-lap Late Model race and twin 50-lap Modified features along with Renegade and Mini Stock championship finales on Sunday, September 13. The Dirt Track wraps up the season with back-to-back events on Sunday, September 27 and Sunday, October 4, with the exciting details for both events to be released at a later date.
Devil’s Bowl Speedway will honor its top drivers from 2014 at the Banquet of Champions at the Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington in Rutland, VT on Saturday, January 31. Tickets are available by calling (802) 265-3112 or visiting www.DevilsBowlSpeedwayVT.com. For hotel information, including room reservations, contact the Holiday Inn Rutland/Killington toll-free at 1-800-462-4810 or visit www.hivermont.com.
Devil’s Bowl Speedway is located on Route 22A in West Haven, VT, four miles north of Exit 2 on U.S. Route 4. For more information, visit www.DevilsBowlSpeedwayVT.com or call (802) 265-3112. Devil’s Bowl Speedway is on Facebook at facebook.com/DevilsBowlSpeedway and on Twitter and Instagram at @DevilsBowlSpeed; follow the action using the #DevilsBowl hashtag.
DEVIL’S BOWL SPEEDWAY
2015 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (subject to change)
No. Day Date Track Event
— Sun 4/26 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Open Practice
1. Sat 5/09 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Season Opener – Modified 100
2. Sat 5/23 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Renegade 100
3. Sat 6/06 Devil’s Bowl Speedway American-Canadian Tour People’s United Bank 100
4. Sun 6/07 The Dirt Track Dirt Track Season Opener
— Fri 6/12 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Open Practice
5. Fri 6/19 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Modified Double Features/NEAR Antique Racers
6. Fri 6/26 Devil’s Bowl Speedway “Hometown Heroes” Night
7. Fri 7/03 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Coca-Cola Firecracker
8. Sun 7/05 The Dirt Track SCoNE Sprint Cars
9. Fri 7/10 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Rutland Herald Mid-Season Championships
— Fri 7/17 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Summer Break (No Racing)
10. Fri 7/24 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Valenti Modified Racing Series 100
11. Fri 7/31 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Kids Racecar Rides
12. Fri 8/07 Devil’s Bowl Speedway C.J. Richards Memorial – Modified 67
13. Sun 8/09 The Dirt Track C.J. Richards Memorial – SCoNE Sprint Cars
14. Fri 8/14 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Street-Legal Spectator Races
15. Fri 8/21 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Brown’s Quarried Slate/Brown’s Orchard & Farm Stand Night
16. Fri 8/28 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Sugar & Spice “Double Stack” Night
17. Sat 9/12 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Vermont 200 Weekend – Qualifying
Sun 9/13 Devil’s Bowl Speedway Vermont 200 Weekend – Main Events
18. Sun 9/27 The Dirt Track Special Event TBA
19. Sun 10/04 The Dirt Track Special Event TBA
-Devil’s Bowl Speedway Press Release. Photo credit: MemorEvents