Alton, Va. – Austin Cindric had the dream NASCAR K&N Pro Series East debut at VIRginia International Raceway.
The 17-year-old muscled his way to victory over a charging Justin Haley to capture the checkered flag at the 2.250-mile road course and his first NASCAR victory.
Cindric, the son of Team Penske President Tim Cindric, started in the top position after winning the 21 Means 21 Pole Award earlier in the day. He battled Haley and Noah Gragson throughout the 55-Lap race for the lead and led a total of 29 laps.
The Mooresville, North Carolina, native also dominated the sole practice session of the day with a time of 87.792 seconds to almost break the track’s qualifying record set by Scott Heckert.
His trip to the winner’s circle marked the second consecutive trip for his team, Martin-McClure Racing. A team owned by NASCAR XFINITY Series drivers Eric McClure and Hal Martin.
Haley and Austin Theriault finished second and third consecutively, while Kyle Benjamin and Ronnie Bassett Jr. rounded out the top five.
Hunter Baize, Jairo Avila Jr., Ruben Garcia Jr., Brian Henderson and J.P Morgan completed the top 10.
The NASCAR K&N Pro Series East will return to action on May 30 at Virginia’s Dominion Raceway.
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES EAST-Biscuitville 125 Results
Virginia International Raceway – Alton, Va.
Lap length: 2.25 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
- (1) Austin Cindric, Mooresville, NC, Toyota, 55 laps, 54.250 mph.
- (2) Justin Haley, Winamac, IN, Chevrolet, 55.
- (5) Austin Theriault, Fort Kent, ME, Toyota, 55.
- (7) Kyle Benjamin, Easley, S.C., Chevrolet, 55.
- (18) Ronnie Bassett Jr., Winston-Salem, NC, Ford, 55.
- (19) Hunter Baize, Bremen, Ky., Chevrolet, 55.
- (13) J.A. Junior Avila, Alhambra, Calif., Toyota, 55.
- (12) Ruben Garcia Jr., Mexico City, Mexico, Toyota, 55.
- (9) Brian Henderson, Falmouth. Va., Chevrolet, 55.
- (14) J.P. Morgan, Mooresville, NC, Chevrolet, 55.
- (10) Harrison Burton, Huntersville, N.C., Chevrolet, 55.
- (23) Sergio Pena, Winchester, VA, Toyota, 55.
- (22) Dillon Bassett, Winston-Salem, N.C., Ford, 55.
- (21) Ali Kern, Fremont, Ohio, Toyota, 55.
- (15) Gracin Raz, Lake Oswego, Ore., Ford, 55.
- (20) Sarah Cornett-Ching, Summerland, B.C., Ford, 54.
- (4) Noah Gragson, Las Vegas, N.V., Ford, 51.
- (17) Dominique Van Wieringen, Amherstburg, Ont., Ford, 50.
- (6) Tyler Dippel, Wallkill, N.Y., Chevrolet, 48, transmission.
- (3) Kaz Grala, Westborough, Mass., Toyota, 46.
- (8) Collin Cabre, Tampa, FL, Toyota, 44, accident.
- (16) John Holleman IV, Winston-Salem, N.C., Ford, 44, accident.
- (11) Spencer Davis, Dawsonville, Ga., Chevrolet, 37.
- (24) Trey Hutchens, Lexington, NC, Chevrolet, 26, transmission.
Time of Race: 2 hours 16 minutes 52 seconds
Margin of Victory: .183 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: A.Cindric * (92.264 mph, 87.792 seconds)
Caution Flags: 6 for 14 laps.
Lead Changes: 3 among 3 drivers.
Lap Leaders: A. Cindric 1-26; N. Gragson 27-32; J. Haley 33-52; A. Cindric 53-55.
Standings: 1. J. Haley, 204; 2. K. Benjamin, 204; 3. R. Bassett Jr., 180; 4. S. Davis, 176; 5. T. Dippel, 172; 6. K. Grala, 169; 7. N. Gragson, 167; 8. A. Theriault, 160; 9. H. Burton, 152; 10. H. Baize, 151.
-NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communication Press Release. Photo credit: NASCAR Home Tracks