Winchester, NH – The Granite State Pro Stock Series will travel to Monadnock Speedway, on August 8, for the JBH 100. The JBH 100 will be the ninth event of the 12-race season, and will be the eighth time the Granite State Pro Stock Series has visited the facility since the series’ inception, and the second time in 2015. The following is a closer look at the numbers of the Granite State Pro Stock Series (GSPSS), and Monadnock Speedway.
MONADNOCK SPEEDWAY NOTES:
– Monadnock Speedway opened on Aug. 13, 1971.
– Nicknamed “Mad Dog”, or “The Dog”.
– The historic track has seen such drivers as Jimmy Spencer, Beaver Dragon, Ken Bouchard, Mike Stefanik, Reggie Ruggiero, Stub Fadden, Dave Dion, and Robbie Crouch take victories at the Winchester, NH facility.
JBH 100 RACE INFO:
JBH 100: Race 9 of 12 on 2015 season
TRACK LENGTH: 1/4-mile oval
RACE LENGTH: 100 laps
TOTAL PURSE: $15,325
RACE WINNER: $3000
LAST PLACE: $250
– The Granite State Pro Stock Series has raced at Monadnock Speedway seven times, with Barry Gray picking up four wins. Other drivers to have won at Monadnock are Matt Frahm (2) and Mike O’Sullivan.
– Barry Gray has won both previous JBH 100 races.
– 19 cars attempted to qualify for last year’s JBH 100, and 20 attempted in 2013.
DRIVER STATISTICS AT MONADNOCK SPEEDWAY:
T1. Barry Gray 7
T1. Mike Parks 7
T3. Derek Griffith 6
T3. Josh King 6
T3. Mike O’Sullivan 6
T3. Larry Gelinas 6
1. Barry Gray 4
2. Matt Frahm 2
3. Mike O’Sullivan 1
T1. Barry Gray 4
T1. Matt Frahm 4
3. Larry Gelinas 3
T4. Derek Griffith 2
T4. Mike O’Sullivan 2
T1. Barry Gray 5
T1. Mike Parks 5
T1. Larry Gelinas 5
T4. Derek Griffith 4
T4. Matt Frahm 4
1. Matt Frahm 4.4
2. Larry Gelinas 6.17
3. Barry Gray 6.86
4. Derek Griffith 7.5
5. Mike Parks 7.71
GRANITE STATE PRO STOCK SERIES DRIVER NOTES:
#12 Derek Griffith
– Has four wins, tying for the all-time lead in the series, to go along with thirteen top 3s, and twenty-one top 10 finishes in twenty-nine total races with the GSPSS.
– Finished outside the top five once this year, at Speedway 51. Griffith suffered engine troubles, and retired from the race early.
– Has an average feature finish of 3 in eight races this season, and is the point leader entering the JBH 100.
– Has four wins, six top 3s, and seven top 10 finishes in 2015.
– Has an average feature finish of 7.5 at Monadnock Speedway.
– Finished fourth at Monadnock Speedway in the May event at the facility.
#66 Mike Parks
Has earned five top 3s, and twenty top 10 finishes in thirty-six career GSPSS events.
– Finished a career-best 2nd twice (Hudson 2012, Monadnock 2013).
– Owns a 9.38 average feature finish in 2015.
– Has two top 3s and five top 10s in seven races this year, and sits fourth in points entering the JBH 100.
– Owns an average feature finish of 9.14 at Monadnock Speedway.
– Finished 5th in the May event at Monadnock Speedway.
#29 Barry Gray
– Is the co-leader with four wins on the tour, adding eight top 3s, and twenty-eight top 10 finishes in thirty-five career GSPSS events.
– His four wins have come in each GSPSS season (2012-15), and all at Monadnock Speedway.
– Has a 4.38 average feature finish this season, putting him second in points.
– In 2015, Gray has one win, three top 3s, and eight top 10s in eight events this year.
– Is the only driver to finish in the top 10 in each event to start the season.
– Has an average feature finish of 4.86 at Monadnock Speedway
– Picked up the victory at Monadnock Speedway in May.
#37ME Larry Gelinas
– “Lightning” Larry has tallied two wins, eleven top 3s, and twenty-three top 10 finishes in twenty-eight races with the GSPSS.
– His two victories were at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (2013) and Hudson International Speedway (2014).
– Former Oxford 250 champion (1996)
– Has two top 3s, and five top 10s in six races this season.
– Owns a 6.17 average feature finish at Monadnock Speedway.
– Finished second at Monadnock Speedway in the May event.
#08 Mike O’Sullivan
– 2013 Champion of the GSPSS.
– Has three wins on the tour, along with eight top 3s, and seventeen top 10s in twenty-five races.
– In six races this season, O’Sullivan has three top 3s.
– Has picked up a win at Monadnock Speedway, along with two top 3s and three top 10s.
– Has earned a 9.83 average feature finish at Monadnock Speedway.
– Finished sixth at Monadnock Speedway in May.
#21 Josh King
– Has finished outside the top 10 only once this year, in eight starts, and is third in points entering the event.
– Has twelve top 10s in twenty-eight starts on the tour.
– Has an average feature finish of 12.67 at Monadnock Speedway.
– Finished 8th in the May event at the facility.
#16 Tommy O’Sullivan
– In twenty-three races with the series, owns fourteen top 10s, including a third at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park.
– Has an average feature finish of 11.33 in 2015, while fighting mechanical troubles nearly all year long.
– Has picked up three top 10s at Monadnock Speedway, and has earned an 8.5 average feature finish.
– Finished tenth at Monadnock Speedway in May.
#14 Matt Frahm
– Is the co-leader in wins all-time in the GSPSS with four.
– Is stunningly good at Monadnock, along with Barry Gray, and has picked up two feature wins to prove it.
– Along with two wins, Frahm has four top 3s and four top 10s, leading to a 4.4 average feature finish.
– Finished third in the May event at the facility.
For more information on the Granite State Pro Stock Series, visit www.gspss.net.
-Granite State Pro Stock Series Press Release. Photo credit: Speed51.com