The richest asphalt Late Model race in North America — the Canadian Short Track Nationals — will be held this Sunday, September 1 at Jukasa Motor Speedway. We get you ready for the $75,000-to-win (CAD) race in this edition of “By the Numbers” on Speed51.
2: Since leading 89 laps a year ago in the Canadian Short Track Nationals, Brandon Watson has won twice this year in APC Late Model action at Jukasa. Watson charged from 10th to win the June race at the Ontario 5/8-mile.
5: A total of five teams are coming form the Wolverine State of Michigan looking to win the big money.
16: With only the top 16 car locking into the big show on time, qualifying will be a major focus this weekend. Those who don’t qualify on time will head to heat races that could feature up to 15 cars. If they don’t qualify there, they’re off to the last chance race.
19: A total of 19 cars finished on the lead lap last year in the inaugural Canadian Short Track Nationals.
24: When it comes to the Outlaw Super Late Model race, look for the No. 24 of Tyler Roahrig. He won last year and he won this month’s Kalamazoo Klash.
39: A year ago, Taylor Holdaway started 39th and finished 10th.
44: Last year there were 44 cars trying to make the race, with 40 starting the main event and four going home. This year the car count is expected to be around 70, if not more.
49: There are 49 Super Stocks entered for this big show.
73: As of late Thursday there are 73 entires on the list from five Canadian provinces and 15 different US states.
84: A local flavor could be the winning draw this year. How about the No. 84 ride with JR Fitzpatrick aboard? The 2018 APC Series Champion has to be one of the local favorites.
84: If one 84 is not enough, how about another? Martin Latulippe is a former World Series champion at New Smyrna Speedway in the Pro Late Model ranks, as well as a regional winner in Canada.
89: Brandon Watson led a race high 89 laps in 2018, but finished sixth.
250: The purse is up this year and so are the laps, as this race has been extended from 200 laps to 250 laps.
75,000: When you convert the money it ends up being a $56,606 dollar payday in U.S. dollars. This is the richest race in ether Pro Late Models or Super Late Models in all of North America.
Too Many: The entry list includes former Snowflake 100 winners, former Money in the Bank Winners, PASS Champions, Oxford 250 winners, Atlantic Cat 250 winners, Pro Rattler winners, Master of the Pros winners, and on and on. This will be the best Pro Late Model field in North America on Sunday.
- PLM #18 – Patrick Freel, London On. – Simtech supply chain management
- PLM #55 – Gary Adriaensen, Belmont, On. – Dowler-Karn Fuels
- PLM #8 – Jordan Howse, Hillsburgh, Ontario – Paul Howse & Associates
- PLM #38 – Bill Pearsall, Puslinch, Ontario – Ponderosa Nature Resort
- PLM #18 – Tyler Emond, Leduc, Alberta – Alco & Alco Smart Roughneck System
- PLM #42 – Kyle Reid, Fort McMurray, Alberta – Robby’s Towing
- PLM #2 – Chris Reid, Fort McMurray, Alberta – Ella Mae Energy Services
- PLM #41 – Taylor Holdaway, Orillia, On – Holdaway Automotive
- PLM #12 – Matthew Shirley, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – R&R Rentals
- PLM #84 – JR Fitzpatrick, Cambridge, On. – TBA
- PLM #28 – DJ Kennington, St. Thomas, Ontario – WMI Race Cars
- PLM #14 – Chris Davidson, PEARLAND, Texas – Davidson Electric Company
- PLM #13 – Cassius Clark, PICTOU, NS – King Racing Competition Parts & Fabrication
- PLM #13m – Austin MacDonald, PICTOU, NS – King Racing Competition Parts & Fabrication
- PLM #14 – Carson Hocevar, Portage, MI – KBR Development
- PLM #71 – Johnny VanDoorn, Nunica, MI – TK Racing
- PLM #13 – Shane Maginnis, Hagersville, On – High Reach Cranes
- PLM #15 – Derek Lynch, Warkworth, On – HASIUK TRAILERS
- PLM #3 – ShaeGemmel, Dorchester, On -North Country Property Maintenance Inc.
- PLM #91 – Patrick Laperle, St Denis sur Richelieu, Quebec – Frameco
- PLM #70 – Trent Seidel, Grasswood, SK – Elance Steel/Pro Plus Automotive
- PLM #48 – Dwayne Baker, Stayner On – G D Coates Used Car Super Store
- PLM #9 – Brandon Watson, Barrie, On – Shear Metal Products
- PLM #62 – Travis Wilson, Bartow Florida – Travis Wilson Racing
- PLM #77 – Darrell Lake, Mount Brydges, On – London Drive Systems
- PLM #10s – Gord Shepherd, Oro, On – Paragon Office Installation Services Ltd
- PLM #52 – Jake Sheridan, Mt. Brydges, On – Pride Seed / Vibrent Farms
- PLM #99 – Donnie Wilson, Oklahoma City, OK – Rowdy Manufacturing
- PLM #47 – Brian Campbell, Wyoming, Michigan – Daily Deals
- PLM #33 – Weston Griffith Jr., Harvey, IL – Solid Steel
- PLM #48 – Sam Fullone, North Collins, New York – Fullone Trucking Inc.
- PLM #35 – Derek Ramstrom, Worcester, MA – Matthews Truck Service/ Ramstroms Service Center
- PLM #26 – Bubba Pollard, Senoia, GA – Harrison’s Workwear
- PLM #13 – Jaden Chapman, Sarnia, On – Refined Fool Brewing
- PLM #14 – Connor Okrzesik, Grand Bay, AL – Metro Glass
- PLM #71 – Dawson Fletcher, Canton, GA –FireAde
- PLM #59 – Reid Lanpher, Manchester, ME – EJP Racing
- PLM #3 – Shawn Ritchie, Echo Bay, On – McColl Racing Enterprises
- PLM #24 – Colin Garrett, South Boston, VA – Propel GPS
- PLM #8 – Kelly Admiraal, Edmonton Alberta – Swan Rentals
- PLM # 9 – Ian Admiraal, Sherwood Park, Alberta – Swan Rentals
- PLM #12G – Derek Griffith, Hudson, NH – LCM Motorsports/ Tyngsboro Motors
- PLM #80 – Donald Theetge, Boischatel, Quebec – McColl Racing
- PLM #12 – Sammy Smith, Johnson, IA – TMC
- PLM #17 – Josh Stade, Chesley, On –Rona, MEI Paving, APC auto parts, Tiremaster
- PLM #54 – Johnny Clark, Hallowell, Maine – COM
- PLM #03 – Ray Morneau, Windsor, On – Hallmark Memorial
- PLM #83 – Dale Shaw, Guelph, On – Wellington Systems
- PLM #79 – James Horner, Fraserville, On -Custom Forming
- PLM #88 – Tim Norris, Waterdown, On – Bryan’s Auction Services
- PLM # 08 – Nicholas Naugle, Dartmouth, NS – Brycon Construction Limited
- PLM #32 – Treyten Lapcevich, Grimsby, On – Mohawk Farms
- PLM #16 – Cayden Lapcevich, Grimsby, On – Ron O’Brien Remax
- PLM #03 – Dario Capirchio, Gilford, On – Jenco Equipment
- PLM #78 – Jo Lawrence, London, On – Pennzoil
- PLM #10 – Kevin Dyck, Saskatoon, SK – Wheaton GM
- PLM #47 – Jordan Sims, Sault Ste. Marie, On – Sims Countertops, STUFFF Lubricants
- PLM #21 – Matt Pritiko, London, On – Global Warranty
- PLM #33 – Albert Francis, Painesville, OH – Francis Engineering
- PLM #62 – William Hale, Mount Juliet, TN – Hale Mechanical
- PLM #112 – Augie Grill, Hayden, AL – Grand American Race Cars
- PLM #21 – Terry Jacques, Mt. Brydges, On – Attridge Concrete
- PLM #17MA – Eddie MacDonald, Rowley, MA – Lemieux Builders
- PLM #46 – Billy Zardo, Brampton, On – MC Mechanical
- PLM #41 – Harold Fair Jr., Milan, MI – Ross Mortgage
- PLM #81 – Andrew Gresel, Allenford, On – Sauble Falls Tent & Trailer Park
- PLM #73 – Cole Powell, Mt. Brydges, On – The Tricar Group
- PLM #84 – Martin Latulippe, Vallee- Jonction, QC, – FramecoLtee
- PLM #44 – Steve Laking, Guelph, On –Spira Fire Protection
- PLM #94 – Dustin Jackson, Sault Ste. Marie, On – Laird Raceway, Laird Towing.
- PLM #0 – Eldon King III, Freedom, NY – D & H Excavating
- PLM #93 – Carson Nagy, Mt. Hope, On – Jukasa Group of Companies
- PLM #5 – Tyler Hufford, Vicksburg, MI – Q it up Left Coast Catering
-Story by: Elgin Traylor, Speed51 Southeast Correspondent
-Photo credit: Speed51.com