The IWK 250 has become one of the biggest Super Late Model shows in the Maritimes in a only a few short years at Riverside Speedway in Antigonish, NS. The 250-lap race has seen eight different winners in 10 seasons. Once a PASS race, it’s now under the Maritime Pro Stock banner.
0: DJ Casey has yet to win a Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour race, but he was second in the 250 back in 2015. Perhaps this is the year he gets that first win.
2: John Flemming and Kent Vincent are the only two-time winners of this event.
6: It was not until the sixth year of this event that the driver who led the most laps went on to win the event. The first was John Flemming in 2012. Last year Donald Chisholm led 236 laps on his way to victory.
8: Keep an eye on the eight car of Kent Vincent who is a two-time race winner and he has a pair of top five runs in this race as well.
39: According to track public relations, this race is expected to draw nearly 40 cars this weekend.
99: A year ago, the 99-car of Craig Slaunwhite came home second in the big 250. He has seven wins in the series, but he has not won at the Riverside track since 2008. Since 2009 he competed all but 11 laps in the 250’s. He will be a factor.
Oh Canada: Only three drivers from the United States will be racing according to the entry list. The trophy looks to stay north of the border again.
Follow me to the 250: Dylan Blenkhorn leads the points by 12 over Shawn Turple heading to Riverside. Dylan Gosbee, Cole Butcher and Greg Proude make up a top-five drivers list that have never won the big show at Riverside. Luck could change this weekend.
Track Entry List
- Allison MacKinnon (07), Oyster Bed Bridge, PE
- Nicholas Naugle (08), Dartmouth, NS
- Shawn Turple (0), Enfield, NS
- Matt Moore (1), Burlington, NS
- Lonnie Sommerville (2), Barnesville, NB
- Jason Hathaway (3), Uxbridge, ON
- Jonathan Hicken (5), Montague, PE
- Kent Vincent (8), Crapaud, PE
- Devin Snell (10), Rowley, NB
- Cassius Clark (13), Farmington, Maine
- Jeff Fultz (13f), Troutman, North Carolina
- Terry Dougay (14), Albany, PE
- Mark Martin (17), Batesville, Arkansas
- Darren MacKinnon (18), Milton Station, PE
- Shawn Pierce (21), Newcombville, NS
- Brandon MacFarlane (23), Torbay, NL
- Greg Fahey (29f), St. Stephen, NB
- Greg Proude (29), North Wiltshire, PE
- Stephen Lively (30), Shubenacadie, NS
- Sarah McKay (32), Quispamsis, NB
- Gary Elliott (36), Dundas, ON
- Robbie MacEwen (40), Charlottetown, PE
- Kyle Reid (42), Fort McMurray, AB
- Dave O’Blenis (48), Boundary Creek, NB
- Harry Ross White (49), Kennetcook, NS
- Vance Hanes (51), Upper Kennetcook, NS
- Chris Hughes (52), Brackley Beach, PE
- Cole Butcher (53), Porter’s Lake, NS
- Jarrett Butcher (54), Porter’s Lake, NS
- Josh Collins (56), Jerseyside, NL
- Daryl Mahar (66), Hubley, NS
- Dylan Blenkhorn (67), Brookside, NS
- Nevin Scott (81), Clyde River, PE
- George Koszkulics (88), New Glasgow, NS
- Donald Chisholm (89), Antigonish, NS
- Dylan Gosbee (91), Cornwall, PE
- DJ Casey (94), Halifax, NS
- John Flemming (97), Halifax, NS
- Craig Slaunwhite (99), Halifax, NS
2016 Donald Chisholm
2015 Kent Vincent
2014 John Flemming
2013 Shawn Tucker
2012 John Flemming
2011 Darren MacKinnon
2010 Kent Vincent
2009 Wayne Smith
2008 Regan Smith
2007 Mike Rowe
-By Elgin Traylor, Speed51.com Southeast Correspondent
-Photo Credit: Race Time Radio