EPPING, NH – The Granite State Pro Stock Series will travel to Star Speedway, June 27, for the Star 100. The Star 100 will be the fifth event of the 12-race season, and will be the sixth time the Granite State Pro Stock Series has visited the facility since 2012. The following is a closer look at the numbers of the Granite State Pro Stock Series (GSPSS), and Star Speedway.
STAR SPEEDWAY NOTES:
-Star Speedway was built in 1966.
-Formerly known as “All-Star Speedway”.
-Known for the “Star Classic”, this track boasts divisions such as 350 Supermodifieds, Outlaws, Strictly Stocks, and Roadrunners. The speedway has seen such greats as Ollie Silva, “Big Daddy” Don McLaren, Eddie West, Jim Cheney, Bentley Warren, Chris Perley, Russ Wood, and Lou Cicconi take to the track. In the 1970’s, the facility used to host celebrity races, featuring Boston Bruins players.
STAR SPEEDWAY RACE INFO:
STAR 100: Race 5 of 12 on 2015 season
LENGTH: 1/4 mile oval
RACE LENGTH: 100 laps
STAR SPEEDWAY DRIVER STATISTICS:
– There have been five winners in five different races at Star Speedway (Jeremy Davis, Wayne Helliwell, Jr, Dillon Moltz, DJ Shaw, Matt Frahm).
– The track averages 21.6 drivers per GSPSS race.
– Four drivers have competed in all five events at the raceway (Mike Parks, Frahm, Barry Gray, Babe Branscombe)
SERIES LEADERS AT STAR SPEEDWAY:
T1. Barry Gray
T1. Matt Frahm
T1. Mike Parks
T1. Babe Branscombe 5
T5. Four tied with
T1. Matt Frahm 1
T1. Jeremy Davis
T1. DJ Shaw
T1. Wayne Helliwell, Jr.
T1. Dillon Moltz
1. Matt Frahm
T2. Jeremy Davis
T2. Dillon Moltz
T2. Bobby Baillargeon 2
1. Matt Frahm
T2. Mike Parks
T2. Tommy O’Sullivan 3
T2. Brad Babb
T2. Barry Gray
T2. Bobby Cabral
T2. Dillon Moltz
T2. Bobby Baillargeon 3
T2. Derek Griffith
T2. Larry Gelinas
AVERAGE FEATURE FINISH (minimum 3 races)
1. Dillon Moltz
2. Brad Babb
3. Bobby Baillargeon
4. Matt Frahm
5. Larry Gelinas
#12 Derek Griffith
– Has two wins, ten top 3s, and eighteen top 10 finishes in twenty-five total races with the GSPSS.
– Most recent winner on the GSPSS, winning at his home track, Hudson International Speedway, June 13.
– Has one top 3 finish, and three top 10s in four races at Star Speedway, including a third place finish (NH Classic 2014).
– Owns an average feature finish of 9 at Star Speedway.
#66 Mike Parks
– Has earned four top 3s, and seventeen top 10 finishes in thirty-two career GSPSS events.
– Finished a career-best 2nd twice (Hudson 2012, Monadnock 2013).
– Own three top 10 finishes at Star, including a sixth place finish (NH Classic 2014).
– Has an average feature finish of 10.2 in five races at Star.
#29 Barry Gray
– Has recorded four wins, eight top 3s, and twenty-four top 10 finishes in thirty-one career GSPSS events.
– His four wins have come in each GSPSS season (2012-15), and all at Monadnock Speedway.
– In five races at Star, has a top 3 (Star 100 2012), and three top 10 finishes.
– Has an average feature finish of 11.2 at Star.
#37ME Larry Gelinas
– Has tallied two wins, eleven top 3s, and twenty-one top 10 finishes in twenty-six races with the GSPSS.
– His two victories were at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park (2013) and Hudson International Speedway (2014).
– Has picked up four top 10s at Star Speedway, including a career-best fourth (Star 100 2014).
– Owns an average feature finish of 7.75 in four starts at Star.
#14M Matt Frahm
– Tied for the series’ lead in wins, Frahm has four victories, twelve top 3s, and eighteen top 10s in twenty-five career GSPSS starts.
– Of his four victories, two have occurred at Monadnock (Star Speedway, Devil’s Bowl Speedway).
– Frahm has finished in the top 10 in four of his five starts, including a win, and adding three top 3s, and four top 10s.
– Has an average feature finish of 4.2 at Star.
#5 Dillon Moltz
– Has picked up two wins, four top 3s, and twelve top 10s in thirteen career starts in the GSPSS.
– Of his two wins, one occurred at Star Speedway, at the NH Classic in 2014 (other at Icebreaker at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park 2015)
– Adding to his one win, has two top 3s, and three top 10s at Star Speedway, with his worst finish of a fifth place finish.
– Owns a stellar 2.67 average feature finish in three races at Star Speedway.
#21NH Jeremy Davis
– Has carried the checkered flag twice in the GSPSS, adding five top 3s, and thirteen top 10s in eighteen career starts.
– Has picked up a win at Star Speedway, as well as Canaan Fair Speedway.
– Including his win, owns a top 3, and two top 10s in two starts.
– Has an average feature finish of 4 at Star Speedway.
For more information on the Granite State Pro Stock Series, visit www.gspss.net.
-Granite State Pro Stock Series Press Release. Photo credit: