Bakersfield, CA — Bob Dillner, one of America’s leading motorsports journalists and television broadcasters will be on-hand for the Inaugural Winter Showdown, February 27th and 28th at Kern County Raceway Park in Bakersfield, CA.
Dillner has worked for FOX Sports covering the top three series of NASCAR for the past several years and is currently with MAVTV and NASCAR.com. Dillner is also the owner of Speed51.com, the largest pavement short-track racing website in America.
“Bob is one of the biggest supporters of short-track racing in our industry”, stated the SRL’s Larry Collins. “He and his staff at Speed51 do a great job covering our sport and we’re very pleased to have Bob and his Speed51 team coming to the Winter Showdown.”
Dillner and his team will be providing live updates Thursday through Saturday, with “Trackside Now”on Speed51.com. Dillner will also be doing some live public address work at the Winter Showdown with pre-race and post race interviews.
“I’m so pumped to be at the Winter Showdown,”said Dillner. “In the old days there used to be some big races for these type of racecars out west, so I’m pleased to see the Winter Showdown bring back that feel. I think this event will only grow in popularity each year, but the inaugural version will be a blast.”
NOTES OF INTEREST FOR THE INAUGURAL WINTER SHOWDOWN:
- WHEN: February 25th to the 28th
- RACING: Friday and Saturday evening, February 27th and 28th
- WHERE: Kern County Raceway Park
- NATIONAL COVERAGE: The Winter Showdown will be nationally televised by MAVTV, reaching over 60 million homes.
- PRIZE MONEY: Over $150,000.00 in prize money to be awarded, with a record $25,000.00 paid to the winner.
- RECORD FIELD: Over 60 drivers are entered in the Winter Showdown representing 14 states and Canada, from as far east as the state Georgia.
- MORE INFORMATION: For more information, go to www.SRLSouthwestTour.com. Race tickets available at www.KernRaceway.com.