DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Kyle Benjamin led all 140 laps in the Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet 140 en route to his second NASCAR K&N Pro Series East victory of year.
Benjamin was the car to beat throughout the day at Greenville (S.C.) Pickens Speedway. He led the final practice session and collected his fifth 21 Means 21 Pole Award.
This win was also about redemption for Benjamin, who finished runner-up to Justin Haley at Greenville in March after leading a total of 122 laps.
The NASCAR Next alum’s victory helped close the gap in the series championship standings. Benjamin now trails Haley by 30 points with only two races remaining in the season.
Meanwhile, Dominique Van Wieringen battled her way to a third place finish to earn her best career finish in the K&N Pro Series East. Her top-three finish also earned her the title of the best finishing female in the series, which was previously held by Kenzie Ruston with her fourth place finish in 2013.
Brandon McReynolds finished second, while Ronnie Bassett Jr. and Justin Haley rounded out the top five.
Dillon Bassett, John Holleman IV, Ruben Garcia Jr., Harrison Burton and Spencer Davis completed the top 10.
The Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet 140 from Greenville Pickens Speedway will air on NBCSN Friday, September 9 at 11 a.m. ET.
The NASCAR K&N Pro Series East will be back in action Saturday, September 17 at New Jersey Motorsports Park for their final road course event of the season.
-NASCAR Home Tracks Press Release
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES EAST-Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet 140 Results
At Greenville Pickens Speedway
Lap length: 0.5 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
- (1) Kyle Benjamin, Easley, S.C., Chevrolet, 140 laps, 66.543 mph.
- (7) Brandon McReynolds, Mooresville, N.C., Chevrolet, 140.
- (9) Dominique Van Wieringen, Amherstburg, Ont., Ford, 140.
- (10) Ronnie Bassett Jr., Winston-Salem, NC, Ford, 140.
- (3) Justin Haley, Winamac, IN, Chevrolet, 140.
- (2) Dillon Bassett, Winston-Salem, N.C., Ford, 140.
- (6) John Holleman IV, Winston-Salem, N.C., Ford, 140.
- (11) Ruben Garcia Jr., Mexico City, Mexico, Toyota, 140.
- (8) Harrison Burton, Huntersville, N.C., Toyota, 140.
- (13) Spencer Davis, Dawsonville, Ga., Toyota, 140.
- (4) Tyler Dippel, Wallkill, N.Y., Chevrolet, 140.
- (14) Ali Kern, Fremont, Ohio, Toyota, 140.
- (5) Noah Gragson, Las Vegas, N.V., Ford, 140.
- (12) Hunter Baize, Bremen, Ky., Chevrolet, 140.
- (18) Collin Cabre, Tampa, FL, Toyota, 140.
- (19) Justin Fontaine, Fletcher, N.C., Toyota, 139.
- (21) Brian Henderson, Falmouth. Va., Toyota, 137.
- (15) Brandon Oakley, Beavercreek, Ohio, Chevrolet, 136.
- (17) Corey Deuser, Georgetown, Ind., Ford, 124.
- (22) Grant Winchester, Monroe, NC, Chevrolet, 98, handling.
- (16) David Calabrese, Toms River, N.J., Ford, 41, transmission.
- (20) Enrique Baca, Monterrey, Mexico, Toyota, 0, oil cooler.
- (23) John Gustafson, Davidson, N.C., Chevrolet, 0, suspension.
Time of Race: 1 hour 3 minutes 7 seconds
Margin of Victory: 1.210 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: K.Benjamin (86.551 mph, 20.797 seconds)
Caution Flags: 4 for 15 laps.
Lead Changes: 0 among 1 drivers.
Lap Leaders: K. Benjamin 1-140.
Standings: 1. J. Haley, 496; 2. K. Benjamin, 469; 3. T. Dippel, 401; 4. H. Baize, 400; 5.
- Davis, 388; 6. N. Gragson, 387; 7. C. Cabre, 384; 8. A. Theriault, 383; 9. H. Burton,
377; 10. J. Holleman IV, 369.