PLYMOUTH, Wis. (July 26, 2019) - Snapping an All Star winless streak that dates back to May of 2015, Brisbane, Australia’s James McFadden helped the Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1, as well as the Bumper-to-Bumper IRA Outlaw Sprint Series, kick off their four-day trip through the Midwest by finding victory lane, doing so at the always-exciting Plymouth Dirt Track in Plymouth, Wisconsin, on Thursday night, July 25.
Although in charge for the majority of the 30-lap program, the first 11 circuits were certainly a challenge for the now three-time All Star Circuit of Champions feature winner, ultimately powering his way forward from the outside of row two, all while waging war with Monrovia, Illinois’ Justin Peck, who led from the drop of the green flag until McFadden took control on lap 12.
“Oh man, this feels good. We’ve been close on so many occasions, so it just feels great to get it done here tonight,” James McFadden expressed, driver of the Kasey Kahne Racing with Mike Curb/Curb Records/Wicked Energy Gum/Wicked Cushion/No. 9 sprint car. “I can’t thank Kasey Kahne and this entire team enough for this opportunity. The track really played into our favor tonight. Hopefully we can do it again this weekend.”
Although forced to start fourth on the grid due to his All Star Circuit of Champions dash result, it only took one circuit for McFadden to find himself within striking distance, actually bumping ahead two spots into second by the completion of lap one, quickly setting aim on Justin Peck, who led the first lap from the pole position.
By lap six, lapped traffic was already a factor, ultimately giving McFadden an opportunity to pounce as Peck tried to work around slower traffic. Despite Peck’s ability to get through the slower cars, McFadden stayed in view, actually pressuring Peck in the form of side-by-side racing on multiple occasions during laps nine through 11.
By lap 12, McFadden was in position to challenge for the lead, eventually using a hard drive into turns one and two to pull even with Peck down the backstretch, soon followed by a slider into turns three and four. For McFadden, the bid for the top spot worked, securing the lead by the exit of turn four. Unfortunately, the lap was eventually negated, as Peck, who drove just as hard into turn three with the intention to get back around McFadden, stumbled on the cushion, caught the lip and flipped. Peck would walk away unharmed, but the incident would allow McFadden to inherit the top spot, anyhow.
Although forced to deal with two more cautions, one of which for another red flag incident on lap 15, McFadden remained in control at the front of the field, only pressured slightly on laps 19 through 23, as a pair of former All Star champions, Greg Wilson and Dale Blaney, edged their noses into a fight for the lead. Traffic did pop back into the picture on lap 17 creating a slight hiccup for the former World Series of Sprintcars champion, but it proved to be no match for McFadden, continuing to utilize the bottom groove around Plymouth Dirt Track to remain the man on top.
Greg Wilson would chase McFadden to the final checkers, followed by Dale Blaney, a hard-charging Aaron Reutzel from 14th, and Paul McMahan.
With a six hour tow to the west to hurdle, the All Star Circuit of Champions will continue their four-race weekend on Friday night, July 26, at the state-of-the-art Jackson Motorplex in Jackson, Minnesota. The first of two five-figure paydays on the weekend, the All Stars will battle for a $10,000 winner’s share during their visit to southern Minnesota, and much like their stint in Wisconsin, the All Stars will not return to the ‘Land of 10,000 Lakes’ in 2019.
Those seeking additional news and notes pertaining to the All Star visit to Jackson Motorplex should visit the facility live on the Web at www.jacksonmotorplex.com.
Contingency Awards/Results: Plymouth Dirt Track - July 25, 2019:
Event: All Star/IRA visit to Plymouth Dirt Track
C&R Racing All Star Warm-Ups: Andrew Scheuerle - 11.954
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: James McFadden - 11.732
Ford Performance Heat #1: Cory Eliason
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Brock Zearfoss
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Justin Peck
Mobil 1 Heat #4 Wayne Johnson
JE Pistons Dash #1: Justin Peck
Fatheadz Eyewear Dash #2: Brock Zearfoss
Classic Ink USA Screenprinting B-Main Winner: Marcus Dumsney
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet A-Main Winner: James McFadden
MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Aaron Reutzel (+10)
Cometic Gasket Most A-Main Laps Led: James McFadden (12-30)
Rayce Rudeen Foundation First Non-Transfer: Ben Schmidt
(Lincoln Electric, MSD Performance, Fatheadz Eyewear, Rayce Rudeen Foundation, Cometic Gasket: Need decal to qualify for contingency award)
1. 9-James McFadden, 11.732; 2. 13-Paul McMahan, 11.845; 3. 26-Cory Eliason, 11.936; 4. 11-Dale Blaney, 12.029; 5. 99-Skylar Gee, 12.116; 6. 4B-Scott Biertzer, 12.440; 7. 40-George Hobaugh, 12.484; 8. 73AF-Joey Moughan, 12.625; 9. 45-Matt Wiese, 13.095
1. O2-Mike Reinke, 12.185; 2. W20-Greg Wilson, 12.350; 3. 70-Brock Zearfoss, 12.399; 4. 11D-Danny Schlafer, 12.560; 5. 73-Ben Schmidt, 12.781; 6. 85M-Steve Meyer, 12.784; 7. 19-Todd Daun, 12.846; 8. 14AJ-Wayne Modjeski, 12.959; 9. 63-Nick Matuszewski, 13.131
1. 87-Aaron Reutzel, 11.968; 2. 2M-Kerry Madsen, 12.014; 3. 64-Scotty Thiel, 12.181; 4. 70X-Justin Peck, 12.188; 5. O7-Gerard McIntyre, 12.303; 6. 14M-Marcus Dumsney, 12.332; 7. 65-Jordan Goldesberry, 12.425; 8. 2W-Scotty Neitzel, 12.439; 9. 43-Jereme Schroeder, 12.670
1. 17B-Bill Balog, 12.266; 2. 2AU-Andrew Scheuerle, 12.324; 3. 23-Russel Borland, 12.441; 4. 2C-Wayne Johnson, 12.462; 5. 68-Dave Uttech, 12.597; 6. 5J-Jeremy Schultz, 12.619; 7. 4K-Kris Spitz, 12.827; 8. 29-Hunter Custer, 13.459; 9. O-Johnny Fahl, 99.999
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 26-Cory Eliason ; 2. 11-Dale Blaney ; 3. 9-James McFadden ; 4. 13-Paul McMahan ; 5. 99-Skylar Gee ; 6. 40-George Hobaugh ; 7. 4B-Scott Biertzer ; 8. 45-Matt Wiese ; 9. 73AF-Joey Moughan 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 70-Brock Zearfoss ; 2. W20-Greg Wilson ; 3. O2-Mike Reinke ; 4. 85M-Steve Meyer ; 5. 14AJ-Wayne Modjeski ; 6. 19-Todd Daun ; 7. 11D-Danny Schlafer ; 8. 63-Nick Matuszewski ; 9. 73-Ben Schmidt 
Heat #3 - Group (C) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 70X-Justin Peck ; 2. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 3. 64-Scotty Thiel ; 4. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 5. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 6. 65-Jordan Goldesberry ; 7. 2W-Scotty Neitzel ; 8. 14M-Marcus Dumsney ; 9. 43-Jereme Schroeder 
Heat #4 - Group (D) (8 Laps) - Top 5 Transfer
1. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 2. 2AU-Andrew Scheuerle ; 3. 17B-Bill Balog ; 4. 5J-Jeremy Schultz ; 5. 68-Dave Uttech ; 6. 4K-Kris Spitz ; 7. O-Johnny Fahl ; 8. 29-Hunter Custer ; 9. 23-Russel Borland 
Dash #1 (4 Laps)
1. 70X-Justin Peck ; 2. 26-Cory Eliason ; 3. W20-Greg Wilson ; 4. 11-Dale Blaney ; 5. 2AU-Andrew Scheuerle 
Dash #2 (4 Laps)
1. 70-Brock Zearfoss ; 2. 9-James McFadden ; 3. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 4. 13-Paul McMahan ; 5. 2C-Wayne Johnson 
B-Main (12 Laps) - Top 4 Transfer
1. 14M-Marcus Dumsney ; 2. 2W-Scotty Neitzel ; 3. 65-Jordan Goldesberry ; 4. 4B-Scott Biertzer ; 5. 73-Ben Schmidt ; 6. 23-Russel Borland ; 7. 4K-Kris Spitz ; 8. 40-George Hobaugh ; 9. 19-Todd Daun ; 10. 11D-Danny Schlafer ; 11. 63-Nick Matuszewski ; 12. 43-Jereme Schroeder ; 13. O-Johnny Fahl ; 14. 29-Hunter Custer ; 15. 45-Matt Wiese ; 16. 73AF-Joey Moughan 
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 9-James McFadden ; 2. W20-Greg Wilson ; 3. 11-Dale Blaney ; 4. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 5. 13-Paul McMahan ; 6. 70-Brock Zearfoss ; 7. 26-Cory Eliason ; 8. 2C-Wayne Johnson ; 9. 2M-Kerry Madsen ; 10. 99-Skylar Gee ; 11. 17B-Bill Balog ; 12. O2-Mike Reinke ; 13. 5J-Jeremy Schultz ; 14. 14AJ-Wayne Modjeski ; 15. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 16. 64-Scotty Thiel ; 17. 2AU-Andrew Scheuerle ; 18. 85M-Steve Meyer ; 19. 4B-Scott Biertzer ; 20. 14M-Marcus Dumsney ; 21. 68-Dave Uttech ; 22. 2W-Scotty Neitzel ; 23. 65-Jordan Goldesberry ; 24. 70X-Justin Peck  Lap Leaders: Justin Peck (1-11), James McFadden (12-30)
2019 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings (After 7/25/2019):
1. Aaron Reutzel - 2680
2. Dale Blaney - 2670
3. Cory Eliason - 2576
4. Paul McMahan - 2558
5. Brock Zearfoss - 2512
6. Greg Wilson - 2498
7. Gerard McIntyre - 2414
8. Skylar Gee - 2332
9. George Hobaugh - 2102
10. Spencer Bayston - 1408
2019 All Star Circuit of Champions Winners:
Bubba Raceway Park, Fla. (1/31/2019): Tim Shaffer
Bubba Raceway Park, Fla. (2/1/2019): Tim Shaffer (2)
Bubba Raceway Park, Fla. (2/2/2019): Tony Stewart
Volusia Speedway Park, Fla. (2/6/2019): Shane Stewart
Volusia Speedway Park, Fla. (2/7/2019): Brad Sweet
Virginia Motor Speedway, Va. (4/11/2019): Cory Eliason
Port Royal Speedway, Pa. (4/13/2019): Lance Dewease
Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (5/24/2019): Aaron Reutzel
Fremont Speedway, Ohio (5/26/2019): Aaron Reutzel (2)
Outlaw Speedway, N.Y. (6/7/2019): Brock Zearfoss
Stateline Speedway, N.Y. (6/8/2019): Dale Blaney
Weedsport Speedway, N.Y. (6/9/2019): Danny Dietrich
Attica Raceway Park, Ohio (6/14/2019): Kyle Larson
Muskingum County Speedway, Ohio (6/16/2019): Dale Blaney (2)
Wayne County Speedway, Ohio (6/19/2019): Aaron Reutzel (3)
Wayne County Speedway, Ohio (6/22/2019): Buddy Kofoid
Dirt Oval at Route 66, Ill. (6/29/2019): Aaron Reutzel (4)
Lernerville Speedway, Pa. (7/5/2019): Aaron Reutzel (5)
Sharon Speedway, Ohio (7/6/2019): Dale Blaney (3)
Utica-Rome Speedway, N.Y. (7/12/2019): Aaron Reutzel (6)
Orange County Fair Speedway N.Y. (7/13/2019): Danny Dietrich (2)
Lebanon Valley Speedway N.Y. (7/14/2019): Brock Zearfoss (2)
Plymouth Dirt Track, Wis. (7/25/2019): James McFadden
About the All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015. In 2019, MAVTV Motorsports Network will continue to be the official television home of the Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 and will broadcast ten high-profile events.
About Ollie’s Bargain Outlet:
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc., founded in 1982, is one of America’s largest retailers of closeouts and excess inventory, offering real brands at real bargain prices. Famous for its signature catch-phrase Good Stuff Cheap, Ollie’s has a huge variety of famous brand-name merchandise in every department – food, books, housewares, toys, electronics, domestics, clothing, furniture, health and beauty, flooring, seasonal items and so much more – at up to 70 percent off the fancy stores’ prices. You never know what you’ll find at one of Ollie’s 330 “semi-lovely” stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia. For more information, visit www.ollies.us. Like us on Facebook or find us on Twitter at @OlliesOutlet. Ollie’s is a publicly-traded company on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol OLLI.
About Mobil 1:
The world's leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1™ features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
For more information, visit mobiloil.com, on Twitter @Mobil1 and, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/mobil1.
Mobil, Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing are registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
-All Star Media Press Release and Photo