Allen started on the pole in the caution-free race around the half-mile speedway. The Late Model rookie driver came into the event making his first half-mile start after a pair of wins at the quarter-mile Stockton 99 Speedway. Points leader Brian Richardson started the event sixth, and navigated his way into second by lap seven.
Richardson methodically reeled in Allen and that set the stage for a 20 lap duel that thrilled the fans. After making numerous looks inside, Richardson finally stuck his nose inside in turn three on lap 33, only to have the door shut closed. Richardson got sideways and Allen was able to pull away with the decisive move.
Allen took a 1.4 second win over Richardson, Lance Wilson, Buddy Shepherd, and Josh Horn.
Wilson made his mark on the night when he was able to top Richardson in the first of the night’s 35 lap races. Allen led the first nine laps of that event after starting on the outside pole alongside Trevor Schlundt of Fresno.
Wilson used a pair of cautions from spins for Racin Vernon to take over the lead on lap 10 with Brian Richardson following him past Allen. Richardson was unable to make the race close with Wilson taking a strong 1.2 second victory. Allen settled for third with Cole Adamo and Horn the top-five. Buddy Shepherd notably saw his points hopes take a ding with a ninth place run due to mechanical problems.
A season-best 10 NASCAR Spec Modifieds was not enough to deny 2013 champion Chris Dalton a return visit to victory lane. Dalton took the lead from Gary Dutton on lap 18 to lead the final laps of the 25 lap feature for the $500 win. The win was Dalton’s sixth this year.
Jim Coffey led the first two laps before Dalton took over through lap 15. Dalton lost the lead to Dutton in an exciting restart after a lap 15 caution for Eric Brust tagging the wall. Dalton came back to Dutton to take the victory with Coffey third over Matt Lewis and Brock Thompson in a backup car after a trophy dash crash.
Anthony Balcazar won yet again in Sr. Mini Dwarf action by taking the division’s 15 lap contest on the one-eighth mile speedway. The caution-free affair was blitzed through in just under three minutes with Jeremy Clark second and Cheyenne Flippo scored third.
Kabe McClenny won a war of attrition to take his first career Jr. Mini Dwarf feature at KCRP topping Riley Massey for the 25 lap victory. Points leader Bailey Thompson took over the lead from McClenny on lap three and navigated through several incidents to maintain the lead.
Thompson appeared to be in control of the race before her engine expired on lap 18 to hand McClenny the lead and ultimately the win. Riley Massey finished second.
Bakersfield Fire Department recorded their first win of the 2014 911 Racing Series when Battalion Chief Bill Ballard won the 15 lap chiefs race. Ballard started last on the grid after mechanical problems in practice forced him to a backup car.
Ballard made quick work of the seven car Pro 4 Modified field on the quarter-mile to top Kern County Fire’s Deputy Chief Mike Miller and Taft Police Department Lt. Pete Aranda for the win.
Kern County Raceway Park goes dark on August 2nd but returns to racing on August 9th with the INEX National Qualifiers for Thunder Roadsters, Legends, and Bandoleros, plus NASCAR Pro Late Models, Super Stocks, and the 911 Racing Series.
Major marketing partners at Kern County Raceway Park include Budweiser, CITGO Lubricants, Monster Energy, Advance Beverage Company, Coca Cola, DC’s RV Center, Three-Way Chevrolet, and Whelen Engineering.
For marketing information on Kern County Raceway Park, contact Steven Blakesley by email at [email protected] or by phone at (661) 835-1264, ext 3203.
Kern County Raceway Park – Bakersfield, CA
1) 15 Lance Wilson, 2) 44 Brian Richardson, 3) 24 Danny Allen, 4) 40 Cole Adamo, 5) 13 Josh Horn, 6) 28p John Piker, 7) 28 Trevor Schlundt, 8) 12 Hugh Stubblefield, 9) 22s Buddy Shepherd, 10) 51 Racin Vernon 17:26.936
NASCAR CITGO Lubricants Late Model – Twin 35 #2
1) 24 Danny Allen, 2) 44 Brian Richardson, 3) 15 Lance Wilson, 4) 22s Buddy Shepherd, 5) 13 Josh Horn, 6) 40 Cole Adamo, 7) 51 Racin Vernon, 8) 28p John Piker, 9) 28 Trevor Schlundt, 10) 12 Hugh Stubblefield 11:30.159
NASCAR Spec Modified – 25 laps
1) 13 Chris Dalton, 2) 25 Gary Dutton, 3) 8 Jim Coffey, 4) 55 Matt Lewis, 5) 12 Brock Thompson, 6) 5 Stephen Boles, 7) 20 Mark Allan, 8) 33 Ralph Morgan, 9) 78 Justin Tuey, 10) 4 Eric Brust 18:10.749
911 Racing Series – 15 laps
1) 21 Bill Ballard, 2) 55 Mike Martin, 3) 17 Pete Aranda, 4) 4 Bryan Smith, 5) 57 Shelly Castaneda, 6) 7 David Kuge, 7) 6 Lyle Martin 4:25.003
Sr. Mini Dwarf – 25 laps
1) 17 Anthony Balcazar, 2) 8 Jeremy Clark, 3) 00 Cheyenne Flippo 2:54.655
Jr. Mini Dwarf – 25 laps
1) 05 Kabe McClenny, 2) 04 Riley Massey, 3) 19 Bailey Thompson, 4) 17 Kercie Jung, 5) 07 Kale McClenny, 6) 41 Braelyn Whittington 15:11.189