The Winter Showdown is already one of the richest short track races in the country and now it become a bit more lucarative. A $10,000 bonus will be paid to one of five drivers who qualify to be part of the 2016 “Speed51 Coors Light Challenge” at the 2nd Annual Winter Showdown at Kern County Raceway Park on February 28, 2016.
Three of the five eligible drivers in the “Speed51 Coors Light Challenge” will be the top finishing driver in the Snowball Derby from three specific regions – Mid-west, Northeast, Southeast. The fourth driver will be defending Winter Show-down champion, Bubba Pollard, and the fifth driver representing the Midwest, Northeast, or Southeast will be chosen by the results of a poll on Speed51.com (to be released next week).
The $10,000 bonus will be awarded to the top placing driver, of the five drivers who qualify for the “Speed51 Coors Light Challenge” at the 2016 Winter Show-down at Kern County Raceway Park in Bakersfield, California.
1. Coors Light will pay a $10,000 bonus to the top-placing driver at the Win-ter Showdown of the five eligible drivers for the “Speed51 Coors Light Challenge”. If one of the five “Speed51 Coors Light Challenge” drivers happens to win the Winter Showdown, the overall payday would be $40,000.
2. Three of the drivers selected, will be the top finishing Snowball Derby driver representing each of these three regions – Midwest (states specified in Snowball Derby Bounty region), Northeast (states specified in Snow-ball Derby Bounty region), Southeast (Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Louisiana). One driver from each region.
3. Bubba Pollard is already eligible based on being the defending Winter Showdown champion.
4. The fifth driver eligible will be chosen by a Speed51.com poll. Drivers in the poll must be from the three designated regions, must apply with Speed51.com to be part of the poll, and must be willing to travel to the Winter Showdown.
5. The 2nd Annual Winter Showdown at Kern County Raceway Park, Feb-ruary 26-27-28, 2016, pays $30,000 to win.
6. Each selected driver will display a Coors Light decal across the hood for the Winter Showdown and display a Coors Light banner on the pit box on pit lane during the Winter Showdown. (Provided by Coors Light)
7. Additionally, each eligible driver will display Speed51 decals on each side of their car in a designated location. (Provided by Speed51)
8. Each selected driver agrees to market and promote the Coors Light brand and Speed51.com before and most importantly during the race event.
9. The bonus will be reduced by $2,000 for each selected driver that does not make the trip out to compete in the Winter Showdown. For example, if only three eligible drivers make the trip, the bonus will be reduced to $6,000.
For more information go to www.SRLSouthwestTour.com.
-SRL Southwest Tour Press Release