Whether you’re a fan of open-wheeled action or full-fendered cars, you’ll be able to find just about anything you’re looking for in the Northeast this weekend. Check out these 10 events to see the best that the Northeast racing scene has to offer:
- The NASCAR K&N Pro Series East always delivers excitement, but especially at the ‘Magic Mile’ of New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire. Last year’s race saw a first time winner in Jesse Little who started the final lap in third, but still took the checkered flag when the leaders tangled in turn three. This year the top development series in NASCAR will take on the Magic Mile on Friday, July 17.
2. The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour is always one of the best shows in town, but especially when the Tour heads to New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The draft produces slingshot passes and tons of side-by-side action every single trip to the Magic Mile. This weekend the series has two events in Loudon with the 100-lap points event on Saturday afternoon, and also the 30-lap All-Star event on Friday afternoon.
3. The Pro All-Stars Series takes on the challenging half-mile of Airborne Park Speedway in Plattsburgh, New York on Sunday afternoon in one of the biggest races of the year, the International 500.
4. It’s a doubleheader on Sunday at Airborne. Joining the Super Late Models of PASS North will be the cars and stars of the American Canadian Tour in the ACT International. The event is the richest of the season for the ACT Late Models as it pays out $10,000 to the winner.
5. Sunday, July 19 is the second leg of the Pro Stock Triple Crown at Maine’s Unity Raceway. 50 laps for the Pro Stocks around the 1/3-mile Maine oval. Andy Saunder currently leads the Triple Crown standings after the first race that was held on July 5.
6. Pennsylvania’s Motordrome Speedway will play host to the Super Cup Stock Car Series on Friday night for 75 laps of action around the half-mile oval.
7. The Super Cup Stock Car Series has a second event this weekend in the Keystone State. The series will take on CNB Bank Raceway Park in Clearfield, Pennsylvania on Saturday night.
8. A bunch of stars from the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will hustle south on Friday to head down to the Stafford Motor Speedway for some SK Modified action. Rowan Pennink looks to continue his dominance this season, while Ryan Preece hopes the momentum gained from his big win in the SK 5K last weekend will continue.
9. The Late Models will be in action on Thursday night at Vermont’s Thunder Road International Speedbowl for 50 laps of action on the high-banks of the famous quarter-mile. Derrick O’Donnell and Nick Sweet will continue their tight points battle.
10. Looking for some dirt racing action? The Modifieds will take on Lebanon Valley Speedway in New York as they try to pocket a $3,000 payday.
-By Rob Blount, Speed51.com Northeast Editor – Twitter: @RobBlount
-Photo Credit: Speed51.com