There’s plenty of action on both dirt and pavement this weekend at tracks throughout the Southeast. Speed51.com has hand-picked 10 events that fans should put on their calendars this weekend.
1. Want to see some wild enduro action? Look no further than South Carolina’s Greenville Pickens Speedway this Saturday as racers from all over the southeast will compete for a $3,000 prize in a Four-Cylinder Enduro event.
2. It’s Twin Night at Montgomery Motor Speedway in Montgomery, Alabama this Saturday, featuring twin 50-lap Show Me the Money Series Pro Late Model features. Twins who attend the race are admitted at half price. Also on the card will be twin features for the Late Model Sportsman, Modified Mini divisions.
3. The open-wheeled groundpounders of the KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series will be back in action Friday night at Anderson Motor Speedway in South Carolina.
4. Open wheels on a tight quarter-mile are a must-see Saturday as the USAC Eastern Midgets invade Raleigh, North Carolina’s Wake County Speedway.
5. The mud-slinging Southern All-Stars dirt Late Model series will hit Magnolia Motor Speedway in Mississippi for the 12th Annual Governors Cup Friday and Saturday. Saturday’s 60-lap feature will pay $10,000 to the winner.
6. Landon Huffman has been the driver to beat of late in the NASCAR Late Model division at Hickory Motor Speedway in North Carolina, but other top drivers in the division will look to take him down in the 100-lap Paramount Kia Challenge Series event.
7. Trent Ivey leads the South Eastern Crate Association (SECA) dirt Late Model point standings into South Carolina’s Sumter Speedway this Saturday for a $2,000-to-win bonus event.
8. The 2015 season hits its halfway point at Cordele, Georgia’s Crisp Motorsports Park this Saturday. The home of Watermelon Capital Speedway will showcase its Outlaw Late Models, Trucks and more local divisions Saturday night.
9. The always-entertaining Mini Stock division at Florida’s New Smyrna Speedway will take center stage this Saturday with their extra-distance 50-lap feature. Also on the card will be a 25-lap Pro Late Model feature.
10. Fans of old school racing need to check out East Carolina Motor Speedway in Robersonville, North Carolina this Saturday as the Southern Ground Pounder and Vintage Racers bring a field of old Modified and Stock Car machines that will share center stage on the racing card with twin 50-lap Late Model races.
– By Matt Kentfield, Speed51.com Executive Director – Twitter: @MattKentfield
– Photo credit: Speed51.com